[dehai-news] Lampedusa victims - Murder Victims?

From: Haile Abraham <haileab99_at_msn.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 21:32:36 -0400

October 20, 2013

Since that fateful day of October 3rd, 2013, when about 100 young Eritreans lives perished at the hands of the notorious human trafficker in Lampedusa, Italy, many Eritreans have been grieving deeply and are still wondering how so many of our young citizens could vanish in a single night and in one over crowded boat. Right after the incidence, the Western media went on its new blitz to highlight the "drowning of mostly Eritreans" just to score its usual cheap shot of propaganda on the Eritrean government, pretending to speak on behalf of the victims as "escapees running away from a repressive regime."

This quick western media blitz along with the murky situation under which the victims where placed, as well as the many unanswered questions involving the incidence, one is left to ponder if this was a pre-setup or a pre-planned evil scheme on the young Eritreans. Indeed it may very well be. And as a result Eritrea has the right to declare the Lampedusa victims as MURDER victims and forge a criminal investigation against those who were involved in Deliberately and Systematically:

1. Luring the young Eritreans away from their homes
2. Smuggling them away to Libya
3. Cramming them up in an overcrowded boat
4. Stalling the boat within 1 km of Lampedusa
5. Igniting a fire on the boat
6. Refusing to assist the distressed boat
7. Refusing to cooperation in repatriating the deceased to their homeland.

Of course, all these Deliberate and Systemic schemes could not have been accomplished without the tacit support from the Western countries, especially the United States and their NGOs, such as the UNHCR. As you may recall, on September 25, 2012 President Obama made the following speech at the Clinton Global initiative Annual meeting. I recently renewed sanctions on some of the worst abusers, including North Korea and Eritrea. We’re partnering with groups that help women and children escape from the grip of their abusers. We’re helping other countries step up their own efforts. And we’re seeing results. More nations have passed and more are enforcing modern anti-trafficking laws.

In conclusion, the young Eritreans who lost their lives in Lampedusa did not escape from "repressive regime," rather they were lured by hood rats; they did not drown, rather they were murdered. According to Father Stefano Nastasi, a parish priest on Lampedusa, “this is a slaughter that needs to be stopped. This is the biggest tragedy at sea that islanders can remember. Enough with this passive resignation.” As such the victims should considered heroes and October 3rd should declared a day of mourning until this case is resolved or reversed.

Haile A.