[dehai-news] (ilfattoquotidiano.it) Shipwreck Lampedusa, Ambassador Eritrea: "We want to repatriate the bodies"

From: Semere Asmelash <semereasmelash_at_ymail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 05:39:41 -0700 (PDT)

Shipwreck Lampedusa, Ambassador Eritrea: "We want to repatriate the bodies" The diplomat in Italy in an interview with TV 2000 that it had contacted the Italian government to engage in the transportation of coffins. A few hours before had come the news of the transfer of the bodies in Sicily. The Prefecture of Agrigento has requested that these are buried in local cemeteries especially for health reasons of The Daily Editorial | 14 October 2013 "The Eritrean government has decided to take all the bodies and bring them in Eritrea, "said the Ambassador of Eritrea in Italy Zemede Tekle Woldetatios in an interview with TV 2000 "The cost of freight will be paid by the Eritrean government. We have requested the collaboration of the Italian government to materialize the decision of Eritrea. " But still no response from the government: "We are still waiting."  The ambassador said he had met some relatives of the victims, but not yet the survivors. "We have a duty to be near them. It 'a dutiful task we are doing, "said Zemede Tekle Woldetatios. He added that he "is not", as stated by the interviewer, the relatives of the victims and the survivors refuse contact with the embassy . As for relations with the Italian government, the ambassador said that he and representatives from other African countries have "formally asked the Foreign Ministry to come here, this is what I can tell," and to have "presented a decision of the Eritrean government as a note verbale to the Foreign Ministry. " Meanwhile, the navy said that ended the transport of 385 foreign nationals who died in the sinking of 3 and October 11. The bodies will be buried in cemeteries Sicilian, most of which Agrigenti, mainly for health reasons. As has been shown by the Prefecture of Agrigento."The burial will not prevent any refunds of the bodies to the families who request it, as the current legislation allows the exhumation / estumazione so-called extraordinary, that is, before the end of ten ordinary dall'inumazione/interment to the transport of bodies in other burials - explain the Prefecture. (Software translation) http://www.corriere.it/cronache/13_ottobre_14/eritrea-vogliamo-rimpatriare-tutte-salme-b6cd9184-350f-11e3-b0aa-c50e06d40e68.shtml http://www.ilfattoquotidiano.it/2013/10/14/naufragio-lampedusa-ambasciatore-eritrea-vogliamo-rimpatriare-tutte-salme/743886/