[dehai-news] (Times of Israel) El Al plane makes emergency landing in Eritrea

From: Semere Asmelash <semereasmelash_at_ymail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 02:44:49 -0700 (PDT)

El Al plane makes emergency landing in Eritrea

Boeing 767 touches down safely despite failure in one engine; no injuries reported

BY NAAMA BARAK October 9, 2013, 11:17 am

An El Al flight en route from Bangkok to Tel Aviv made an emergency landing in Eritrea on Wednesday morning after a fault was discovered in one of the plane’s engines.

The 767 Boeing airplane landed safely at an airport in Asmara, Eritrea’s capital, and none of the passengers were injured.

“Passengers on flight 082 are being taken care of by the crew until the arrival of a replacement airplane that will depart in the coming hours,” El Al told the Ynet news site, adding that “El Al views flight safety with utmost importance and will not compromise on the topic. We are doing all that is required in order to return our passengers home safely.”

The Wednesday incident was not the first time an El Al plane had to make an emergency landing this summer. In July, a flight departing Berlin had to return to the local airport twice for fear of technical faults before it was able to commence its voyage to Tel Aviv.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/el-al-plane-makes-emergency-landing-in-eritrea/

http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/.premium-1.551397