[dehai-news] (Fanpage) Immigrants: pope, close to the pain of Ethiopia and Eritrea

From: Semere Asmelash <semereasmelash_at_ymail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 07:32:26 -0700 (PDT)

CHRONICLE of Susanna Picone October 9, 201316:00

The Pope of Rome in the rain: "I pray for the victims of Lampedusa"

Before the general audience, the Pope did the usual tour of the faithful in the jeep discovery by refusing to protect himself with his umbrella. Despite the bad weather Bergoglio did not want to escape the embrace of the pilgrims.

General Audience in the pouring rain for Pope Francis regardless of the bad weather did not recoil even today embrace of about 100 thousand faithful gathered in St. Peter's Square in Rome. As always, before the general audience, the Pope made a tour in the square aboard his jeep discovery and refused to shelter from the rain with an umbrella so that at the end of the tour, his robe was very wet. Before you start hearing was then dried his face with a handkerchief that had been brought by his collaborators. And even in the course of today's hearing Papa Francesco wanted to spare a thought for a prayer to immigrants and deaths of Lampedusa. "A hug to all immigrants," read a banner that the Pope has read with satisfaction. Bergoglio also said he wanted to greet with special affection "the bishops of the Church of the Alexandrian tradition of Ethiopia and Eritrea, who are particularly close in prayer and in pain for so many children of their land that have

 lost their lives in the tragedy of Lampedusa."

The Church as a large orchestra - Francis asked the faithful to pray then for peace in Syria, Iraq, Egypt, Lebanon and the Holy Land: "Pray that the light of Christ come to every heart and in every place, to the ends of the Earth ", so turning the square. As often happens, the Pope also asked questions to the crowd in Rome: "In our communities we live in harmony or quarrel between us? If we are talking - he said - is not harmony, is a struggle. Instead the Church is harmony of all, never talk, never fight. " The Pope also spoke of a Church that is universal "because it spread throughout the world and announces to everyone the Gospel of salvation, and not the elite group, not just some but all of mankind." A Church that Francis likened to an "orchestra made ​​up of many different instruments playing in harmony."

(Software translation)

http://video.repubblica.it/dossier/lampedusa-strage-di-migranti/lampedusa-il-papa-vicino-al-dolore-di-etiopia-ed-eritrea/142374/140911

http://www.fanpage.it/papa-francesco-pioggia-vittime-lampedusa/