[dehai-news] Scholarship for Deaf and Hard-of -Hearing Applicants

From: <hbokure_at_aol.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:42:10 -0400 (EDT)

Dear friends,

Gallaudet University is the only liberal arts institute for the deaf and hard-of-hearing students in the world. It is also my alma mater that shaped my life during a long years of my studies and research that focused on deafness in particular and Eritrea in general by utilizing extensive resources at the Library of Congress, and Inter-library loan at the American University.

Good luck with your applications.

Haile Bokure

Greetings from Gallaudet University in Washington D.C.! We are pleased to hear that you are very interested to enroll in our diverse University!

Our Admissions Counselor for international students, is available to counsel you and provide information about how the programs and services at Gallaudet University can best accommodate your educational and career goals. She can be reached by email at international_at_gallaudet.edu

Please take the time to explore our Admissions website for international students as we have certain requirements:
http://admissions.gallaudet.edu/international/

There is one scholarship for first-year international students for which you can apply. It is called World Deaf Leadership scholarship. The information can be found on the internet:
http://www.wfdeaf.org/news/world-deaf-leadership-sholarship

Please take note that we do require certification of finance to prove that you have financial support in order to be considered as an applicant for Gallaudet University. Scholarships for International Students are managed by the Center for International Programs and Services, you may contact them at cips_at_gallaudet.edu to inquire about the process of applying for international scholarships available to first-year students.

Best of luck in your endeavors and we hope to see you soon in Washington!