[dehai-news] UHURU BAR 2013 - BILLIARD TOURNAMENT

From: Iyob Foto <iyobfoto_at_yahoo.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2013 12:29:57 -0700 (PDT)

Please check the attached files.....
Thank you
4th Annual North America Eritrean SeniorsÊSoccer Tournament - 2013 Toronto

ÊThe 4th Annual SeniorsÕSoccer Tournament was held in Toronto, Canada on a Labour Day weekend. This was yet another successful event participated by teams from Atlanta, Washington D.C, Toronto, Mississauga and London Ontario. This year the competition had 4 teams from the seniorsÕdivision and another 4 teams from the over 45 years of age division.

The Championship Cup was won by team Toronto from the seniors division with Washington and Mississauga coming in second and third place respectively.

In the over 45 division, team Zula from Toronto won the Championship Cup, with team Asmarino and team London coming in second and third place respectively.

The trophies presented Êere donated by Mrs. Alganesh Temelso in memory of Zewenghel Negash and handed to the winners by coach Angosom Tewolde who is one of the founding members of the Eritrean Soccer program in Toronto and Mr. Ghebrehiwet Abraha president of the Eritrean Seniors soccer association.

Sponsors play a key role in the success of our Seniors' Soccer program and to that we would like to thank all of our sponsors for their contribution; it is truly appreciated.

We would also like to thank Êsseb restaurant, Uhuru Bar and Pero's restaurant for their great hospitality in hosting dinner for our guests and players.

Finally, we would like to thank all participating teams, referees, volunteersÊnd especially the Eritrean Seniors' Soccer Association members Mr. Ghebrehiwet Abraha (president), Ghebre Zerizghi (secretary), Abebe Kahsay (treasurer) and members of the committee Berhane Asgodom (Salvatore), Yohannes T/Mariam (German) and Iyob Foto, for giving us the opportunity and trust to host the tournament in Toronto.

Based on the success of this yearÕ event and the momentum the soccer activity is gaining, the organizing committee is pleased Êo announce next yearÕ seniorsÕSoccer Tournament would take place in Kaiserslautern,Êermany.

Toronto, Organizing Committee

ÊPhotographer: Tsegay Misghina

PICTURES, Please click the link

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26889675@N08/

UHURU BAR 2013 - BILLIARD TOURNAMENT

ÊYou can call it an addiction. But of course a healthy addiction. It is one of the events one looks forward with earnest either to get involved or to be just a mere spectator. I am talking about the Billiard (Billiardo) Tournament that takes place right at the heart of Toronto. To be more specific--at Uhuru Bar-Restaurant. Toronto is usually abuzz with events ranging from cultural to ethnic related-festivals during the summer time, and theÊilliard Tournament was the icing on the cake that complimented the festivities and brought all kind of good memories and nostalgia from back home.

ÊThe tournament was carried out between the 1st of May till the end of July. This time around however the number of participants was thirty six where the tournament was stretched a bit longer and the competition was a bit more intense as well. If the obvious is to be stated, the tournament wouldn't have been more lively and full of fun if it wasn't for the great hospitality and awesome treat provided to the rest of us by the owners of Uhuru--Zekarias Kifle and Araya Andeberhan and of course the yummy-food prepared by Akberet Tekeste (Zekarias' wife) was beyond reproach and flawless to say the least as well. The said awesome treat was more pronounced when Mebrahtu Ghebray graced the event with his great songs as the rest of us hit the dancing floor all-night-long.ÊÊAs the days came to a close at the end of the tournament, it came down to three contestants as the speculation who would walk out smiling became anybody's guess. As it happened, with an outstanding execution and smart moves, Tedros Semere came out first and Tesfamichael Ogbamichael was first runner up and Hagos Abraha was second runner up. Ato Antonio Tesfay got the honour to present the winner with a trophy and a laptop; first runner up received a trophy and a laptop and second runner up received a trophy and a Ray-ban sunglass. As usual, the event was time well spent and we wait with earnest the next tournament to kick around sooner.ÊÊPhotographer: Sammy Mastering Image

PICTURES....Please click the link

http://www.flickr.com/photos/101921036@N07/sets/72157635588091804/