[dehai-news] Shabait.com: "My inspiration is the child artist in me"

From: Berhane Habtemariam <Berhane.Habtemariam_at_gmx.de_at_dehai.org>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2013 12:48:10 +0200

<http://www.shabait.com/articles/q-a-a/14594-my-inspiration-is-the-child-art
ist-in-me> "My inspiration is the child artist in me"

Friday, 06 September 2013 10:23 | Written by shabait Administrator |

Articles <http://www.shabait.com/component/content/section/1> - Q
<http://www.shabait.com/articles/q-a-a> & A

Meron Zecharias is a young passionate artist aged 25. At the same time he is
an outstanding fifth year computer engineer. To date Meron has participated
in more than four group exhibitions in addition to three awards to his name.
In February 2008, he held his first solo exhibition at the "Casa Degli
Italiani", entitled "Dream Meets Determination". Twenty three paintings that
reflect the beauty in nature. Let us see what is the real meaning of the
concept of "true artistic beauty" according to Meron's points of view.

Q:-When did your artistic journey start exactly? Is there a peculiar moment
that you recall?

I remember falling in love with art while still in elementary school. I was
about 11 and freshly enthusiastic member of my school's art club. Around
that time, I got a chance to enroll to the Asmara School of fine Arts where
I learned that art was more than the colors and lines that are blended on a
canvas. I got to sense art as a mixture of feelings and ideas expressed with
colors. Ever since then combining colors and assembling them in to a canvas
has been something related to my daily life since then. I believe tints,
shades or whatever that has to do anything with colors are vital to my
paintings as they helped me create depth and harmony with in my productions.

Q:-And your inspirations?

I have heard quite so often many artists talking about art as an
inheritance, as in the talent they have: in my own personal case there are
no history of painters in my family. I suppose I can say that I was born an
artist. It is not a show off trust me. As a young child, I sued to play with
crayons and colors just like any other ordinary kid would do. Picasso once
said that in every child there is a great subconscious artist. If you have
observed a child has a passion for drawing with crayons, paint or pencil.
This passion of experimenting with colors might fade later as we grow up and
discover many more other form of desires. But I fell more in to the
amazement of art as I grew up and my passion for it began to glow by the
day. So in a way my inspiration is the child artist in me.

Q:-You are also a great computer engineer, how do you manage to combine the
two?

I love art and I respect education. That is it, for me education is a path
that takes me all the way to knowing the meaning and purpose of life. Whilst
painting is subjective and deals with a collection of hues painted in a
piece, but in another way computer engineering too just like many other
educations is a form of art because trough any kind of education thoughts
have to be somehow expressed and reach the aim they set. So generally, art
too seen as part of education together with other educational forms are to
me a vast metropolitan media trough which thoughts find their
manifestations.

Q:-So, what you saying is that to you both painting and computer engineering
are somehow connected.

Exactly, I believe that my artistic talents extend to my professional
ability and creativity. Because I think that art exists in almost all our
day to day activities. For instance: there is art of leadership, speech,
cooking, dressing and so on.

Q:-What would art mean to you in two words?

Ohm. "Simplicity" and "Creativity". Creativity is the outcome of ideas and
those ideas they could be the most simplest in the whole wide world but when
interconnected with the creative capacity one possess we could see the
creation of something amazing out of minimalism.

Q:-I heard you usually don't give a title to many of your works. Why is
that?

Simply because I don't want to put a limitation to the flow of thoughts of
my spectators, sometimes I even get to have a different flow of thoughts as
I go back and see an old painting of mine. I just strongly believe that art
is not a fixed thing and neither would I ever be able to find a determined
definition to artistic works, I would just simply have my opinions but not
real or fixed definitions to any kind of artistic customs. Art has no
boundaries after all!

Q:-Mind if you share with us some of your future plans?

Well, am hoping to have another solo exhibition very soon. Plus, I have an
arrangement to pursue further studies which I can integrate both my talent
and profession. Maybe I'll even study Bioinformatics.

Q:-Well, we truly wish you good luck with your future plans. Thank you for
being here with us today.

Thank you for having me, it is all my pleasure!