[dehai-news] [COLLAB ART] ONE LEAP FORWARD - THE MAGNIFIENT COMBO

From: Araia G. Ephrem <agephrem_at_yahoo.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 14:31:21 -0700 (PDT)

ONE LEAP FORWARD
THE MAGNIFICIENT COMBO
MUSIC LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yDJFHjWVncY#t=757

Shhhhhh ... Listen!

Across the globe and scattered in distance, a collective voice echoes in unison! A voice familiar and heartwarming enough that forces one to fall in love all over again. Voices connected tight, they stream like a gentle river on a calm summer sunny day. Simply magnificent! Simply dreams come true and words may not flow easily to describe what this collaborative art work means in Eritrean musical history. What an inspiration! What a unison!

In an attempt to make a giant leap in Eritrea's art; the work of tireless Eritrean artists from many segments of the world have made history. A work initiated by Luwam (aka Hade1Hade; Canada) has bore fruit bring different artists in one loop. Tightly bonded, they make their voices carry and let the world witness their vibrant energies.

Vocalists, Rappers, Musicians, Dancers, Painters, Photographers, Videographers etc coming together. Coming home to nest in the soft cushion they call home. This collaborative united art work demonstrates that Eritreans are not only capable to collaborate with one another, but to use modern recording technologies to elevate Eritrea's art and music to fore.

In such a glorious day, I terribly miss Sandman Negus (Sador Fessahaye) and his creativity. He had a big dream to harmonize Eritrean music from all over. Only had he lived a bit longer to witness this effort. But then, now I am assured his dream-work has even climbed to further heights. Now, I can imagine him smiling and shaking his shoulders in his awkward guayla-dances melting by this noble Collab-Art.

Simply magnificent and a leap forward!

God/Allah Bless Eritrea!
Glory to Our Martyrs!
Araia G. Ephrem