[dehai-news] (SuperAbile) ASFAHA CHIROS, The "Patient Soldier" Eritrean Waiting for a Response

From: Semere Asmelash <semereasmelash_at_ymail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 05:33:03 -0700 (PDT)

ASFAHA CHIROS, THE "PATIENT SOLDIER" ERITREAN WAITING FOR A RESPONSE

In 1925 he left his village to enlist in the Italian army. The Italian g overnment awarded him a medal, not aid it deserves. Today 88 years ago and wait until the end of hospice Antea. Parallel to her, the story of Alexande r Norcini, born in 1910, fresh from the Libyan front: the board has obtaine d, but in death0A0AROME - He left his family to enlist in Eritrea, still very young, in the Italian army.

Today Asfaha Chiros 88 years ago and, whil e waiting for the end to come, does not stop to wait for the answer that th e Italian government has already promised the subsidy as a former fighter. That subsidy, in fact, Asfaha has never received: received instead a medal for having committed and distinguished next to the Italian soldiers.

But he still did not stop hoping, in room 402 hospice Antea, inside the A0Park S anta Maria della PietE0 in Rome, where he is spending the last part of his life. And just Antea echoes of its history and its hold.0A0A0A"The stor y of Asfaha Chiros, corporal of the 108th Regiment of the Royal Italian Arm y Ascari, is inexorably intertwined with that of our country and began in 1 925 - writes Andrea Cavada, who worked for the East Fair, the newspaper of the eighth town hall Rome - when the then Eritrean boy left his village to enlist in our army.

From that day on, he fought as a soldier Chiros Italian , sacrificing his childhood, his body and all that was in the service of a country not his own but he believed. Since that 1925, that kid was next to our military, many of which today are our grandparents, who probably at thi s time they are telling the same story to their grandchildren. "0A0AThe y oung Asfaha did not back down in front of danger, hunger, and in thirst, an d in prison, "although he was aware of the fact that in 1941 the British se ttlements threatened retaliation against the Ascari and their families - wr ites Cavada -.

He did not stopped even at that time, went ahead and faced i mprisonment because in his heart, in addition to his family, his companions were, there was Italy. " That same Italian thanked him with a medal, but h as not recognized an allowance for former combatants. "During the time that would have to submit an application - says Cavada - was in Eritrea to save his brother accused of being a spy." So, he arrived 60 days late "appointm ent with his rights."0A0A"When I received the medal - explains fatigued C hiros - I was told that they would have studied my practice, I had done so much for this country and I should not lose hope." To deal with Asfaha, tod ay, there Antea non-profit organization, the association since 1987 guarant ees free care to patients in advanced stages of disease . "The words that c ome out of his mouth - he says Cavada - weigh much more than him. Hardly ra ises that piece of paper attesting to his enlistment in the army. In his ey es you see the disappointment that the country for which he fought gave him , not recognizing that aid. Corporal Asfaha Chiors not want honors, does no t seek fame, nor glory. He just wants to see their rights recognized, wants an answer in the name of that commitment that the institutions have promis ed. That answer that keeps burning hope in his eyes.

Chiros deserves an ans wer, do not have much time: it is a terminally ill patient. "0A0AParallel to that of Chiros is the story of Alexander Norcini Bibbiena, born in 1910 , which tells a short article on Friday of the Republic.

In 1969 Alessandro Norcini, returned from the Libyan nearly thirty years before, he begins hi s battle to see recognized a right: to obtain military pension that the Sta te had denied him. Norcini that battle won it last week, year 2013. From de ad. And after 71 years from the facts, have been his heirs to collect a jud gment of the Court of Auditors acknowledges that Norcini, who died 23 years ago, fell ill in the eyes to the front, due to the sand of the desert. "I became too old waiting for this judgment - says the septuagenarian son -. I was twenty and at home we talked about the lack of retirement ...". (Cl-p) 0A0A(13 August 2013)0A(Software translation)0A

http://www.superabile.it/web/it/CANALI_TEMATICI/Associazioni/Storie_e_personaggi/info1584555833.html