[dehai-news] The Apple Never Falls Far From The Tree

From: Bereket Kidane <welela83_at_yahoo.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 08:57:32 -0700 (PDT)

You may have heard the saying, "The apple never falls far from the tree." It basically means that we are often like our parents and that we don't stray too far from our parents' values. Eritrea has always been blessed with staunch support from its diaspora communities going back to the days of the armed struggle. One of the reasons the anti-Eritrea forces have failed miserably is because they have been unable to drive a wedge between Eritreans at home and abroad and their government. Foolish Weyane officials borrowing fancy theories from the fields of psychological warfare and disinformation have openly vowed that they will relegate the memory of a sovereign and independent Eritrea as well as Eritrean nationalism to the generation that came of age in the sixties and fought for Eritrea's independence. To that end, Weyane cadres and their lackeys have flooded opposition websites and paltalks to take cheap shots at our heroic tegadeltis and diminish their

 heroism by sullying their character in an effort to discredit the armed struggle for the liberation of Eritrea, a.k.a ghedli. Their foolishness has no boundaries because they think they can jedi mind trick young Eritreans into regretting the very notion of a sovereign Eritrea. This is foolish thinking on their part. They must not know that the apple does not fall far from the tree! The same character traits that made the generation that came of age in the sixties and seventies fight for Eritrea's independence against all odds and win have been genetically transferred to their kids and grand kids. Forget young Eritreans at home who have blood and sweat capital invested in the State of Eritrea. Even in the diaspora, the torch is being passed to a new generation of Eritreans born and raised outside of Eritrea. This is evident when you watch the summer festivals happening in the diaspora and the emerging young leaders who are organizing, directing and

 putting those events together. For all intents and purposes, they have taken over the responsibilities of running a strong Eritrean community in the diaspora. They are doing it all. It is very satisfying to watch. The apple indeed does not fall far from the tree.