[dehai-news] Seattle is Ready to Rock! Are you?

From: Berhane Alazar <erigram_at_comcast.net_at_dehai.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 23:21:07 -0400

Eritrean Festival - the Air in Seattle is thick with High Expectation!

Yes, the phones have been ringing off their hooks, the emails and other supportive messages have been pouring in. The messages are so powerful and overwhelming that one can figuratively hear the ululating of our mothers, wives, sisters and daughters with great pride – the Eritrean pride!. As if not to be outdone, their male counterparts – the elderly, the young and the ones in between, have been honing their skills to manifest their allegiance to many of our Eritrean ways of life, our proud culture and traditions.

Eritreans and friends of Eritrea have been telling us that they are eagerly waiting for the 2013 Eritrean Festival of Western US and Canada! And indeed, with the Salina Band from Eritrea and other renowned local vocalists and musicians on hand, Seattle is ready to rock. Are You?

We have and will continue to update the information regularly in our website as new and/or additional information is available. Please visit the

site: http://erifestseattle.com/ for current information including Hotel accommodations. Please note that, although we are doing everything we possibly could to locate and identify some appropriate Hotels/Inns for our cherished out of town participants, please keep in mind, we are holding the Festival at the prime time of Hotel users and Hotels are being snatched in like ቅጫ ዓተር (OK, like “Hot cakes”). We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause. At any rate, the sooner you book a room or two - the better.

Many Hotels do allow multiple occupancy.

What: 2013 Eritrean Festival in Western US and Canada
When: August 9, August 10 and August 11
Where: Seattle Center at the heart of the beautiful City of Seattle.

ብድሓን ምጽኡ!

Eritrean National Holidays Coordinating Committee – Seattle Chapter

Berhane Alazar
 <<Eritrean Festival.doc>> <<Eritrean Festival.pdf>>