[dehai-news] American Behind Anti-Eritrea Demos

From: thomas mountain <thomascmountain_at_gmail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 14:09:38 +0200

American Behind Anti-Eritrea Demos

An American is behind the anti-Eritrean demos, dont take my word for it let the man speak for himself.

"I am sorry for the delay in responding we were busy preparing for meetings and activities in Washington[DC]. Then there were various meetings and a march and demonstration..At the Eritrean embassy..".

He goes on to list more of his anti-Eritrean activities and confirming his links to the US government with its infamous human trafficking programs.

"high level government personnel have defected ..I assisted one in getting to the United States".

This American has apparently never set foot in the independent nation of Eritrea. When asked about such this is his reply.

"I am sure you like to launch the question 'when were you last in Eritrea' like a torpedo, ready to explode on hearing any answer that might be portrayed as one displaying a distant, inaccurate view of what is going on in Eritrea". [Hear! Hear!]

He goes on, slandering the Eritreans in the diaspora, refering to the over 5,000 who gave a heros welcome to President Issais Aferworki when he visited the UN in NYC.

"United Nations last time was assured by the regime giving out orders that people must make the trip to NY, and buses for the trip were paid for by the regime".

This American, having never set foot in Eritrea, becomes embarrasing when he makes the following claims.

"tourists are not permitted to tour outside the city[Asmara]. A visitor cannot go to the bus terminal and take a ride to Senafe or Mendefera. You try it some time [fyi; been there, done that]".

>From embarrassing to bizarre, in his own words again.

"Thomas, this regime is going to collapse, and when it does there is a good chance that those complicit in supporting it will be in big trouble. I urge you to get away from there as soon as possible. There is no telling what angry mobs might do to "the enemy". Please consider moving to a safe place and return to responsible, productive journalism. You owe it to yourself."

Aren't Americans incredibly arrogant, never mind the ignorance. What is it with these people, God Bless America and nowhere else?

>From a somewhat rainy Asmara, see you in Chocolate City for the
Eritrean Festival.

Thomas C. Mountain is the most widely distributed independent journalist in the Horn of Africa, living and reporting from Eritrea since 2006. He can be reached at thomascmountain_at_yahoo_dot_com