[dehai-news] (sport.be) Eritrea is committed to cycling

From: Semere Asmelash <semereasmelash_at_ymail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 08:44:54 -0700 (PDT)

http://sport.be.msn.com/nl/wielrennen/article.html?Article_ID=651236

Eritrea is committed to cycling
25.07.2013 | Kersten Steurbaut

The Prueba Villafranca-Ordiziako Klasika is a Spanish one-day race of the same level as Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne or Nokere Curonian. The victory of Teklehaimanot is no trifle.

The black African of Orica-Green Edge won in the final of the Spanish Angel Madrazo and David Arroyo, in 2010 second in the Tour of Italy. Our compatriot Jens Keukeleire drove a whole day in the attack and eventually billowed in at nearly eight minutes behind the winner.

With this victory Teklehaimanot put the advance of Eritrea further. Earlier in the year recorded his compatriot Berhane Natnael a handsome victory in the third stage of the Tour of Turkey. Berhane took it on the Turkish version of Alpe d'Huez for our compatriot Kevin Seeldraeyers.

Now also gives Teklehaimanot his visiting card. In his first year with Orica-GreenEdge he finished second in the Mountains classification in the Tour of Poland. By injuries this year he came only in action in the Critérium du Dauphiné.

His victory in the Prueba Villafranca-Ordiziako Klasika should give him confidence for the future. Five-time Tour winner Bernard Hinault believes get in the Eritreans. After the Tour of Gabon, where Lotto Belisol achieved four wins, he predicted that Eritrea would be the new Colombia. And we have in the last Tour de France seen what that can cause.

Results:

1. Daniel Teklehaimanot (Eri / Orica-Green Edge) 3u55: 18
2. Angel Madrazo (Spa) 0:02
3. David Arroyo (Spa) 0:08
4. Wesley Sulzberger (Aus)
5. Jesus Herrada (Spa)