[dehai-news] (D.V) Tour Gold Coast 2013: Merawi Kudus is leading the pack

From: Semere Asmelash <semereasmelash_at_ymail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2013 08:50:21 -0700 (PDT)

http://www.directvelo.com/actualite/27526-tour-de-cote-d-or-et-3-les-reactions.html#.UdmMfDtM_xA

http://bourgogne.france3.fr/2013/07/05/le-tour-de-cote-d-or-s-elance-vendredi-5-juillet-282827.html

TOUR GOLD COAST - AND 3: REACTIONS
06.07.2013, 10:18 p.m.

The Eritrean Merhawi Kudus (World Cycling Centre) won the Saturday afternoon the third stage of the Tour de Côte d'Or (National Elite) run between Sombernon Talant. He beat the runners CC Etupes Edward Lauber and Maxime Robert. Merhawi Kudus becomes at the same time the new overall leader. Find below the reactions collected by www.directvelo.com . Merhawi Kudus (World Cycling Centre) Winner of the third stage of the Tour de Côte d'Or and overall leader "At the beginning of the penultimate GPM my director told me to attack. There was a minute gap with the leading group. He told me to try to catch up, I had to. So I managed to get in this climb. Then I réattaqué at the end of the last climb to get the victory. I was a bit tired for the last five kilometers slightly downhill after all these efforts. I managed to resist the return of the two runners CC Etupes. I gave everything. This is my first victory in Europe. I am very happy because this is the face

 of strong riders and teams. When I arrived in March, it was hard, but now I have more problems. " Jean-Jacques Henry (Sports Director of the World Cycling Centre) "At the start of the third stage, we considered two scenarios. The first was a breakaway group is Merhawi ahead and make an effort in the penultimate GPM to go on this breakaway and then be in the wheels in the valley until the last GPM new attack. The second was a platoon comes together at the foot of the last GPM and it starts. Ultimately, it is the first scenario happened. Merhawi applied the instructions to the letter. The only thing I may be wrong, is that he really waited until the last kilometer of the last rib to launch his final start. He might have had to push a little earlier in order to have more advance for the last five kilometers. Thus, he would have to produce less stress on the final to stay ahead. Finally, he won and that's the main thing. We identified this as the first

 step, but not tomorrow (the last). It will see the capacity of the team to defend the jersey Merhawi, it will be a great challenge. " Frederic Talpin (VC Caladois) 15th in the stage and third overall at 1'02'' "At the foot of the penultimate GPM, my teammate Clement Carisey blasted the group. Previously, two of my teammates had stabilized the gap on the breakaway with those of CC Nogent-sur-Oise and VL Technics-Abutriek. I then continued acceleration. Then Merhawi Kudus (World Cycling Centre) passed me. It was impossible for me to follow him, he was much stronger, he literally crushed us. Behind us were a group of ten riders. At the foot of the last GPM, Dimitri Claeys (VL-Technichs Abutriek) attacked. I tried to catch him but I had everyone on the luggage rack. I then printed a train in the false flat after to re-attack in the final steep part. We ended up with three and therefore the Belgian Quentin Bernier (SCO Dijon) who was on my wheel. With

 Dimitri Claeys (VL-Technichs Abutriek), we gave everything to limit the damage, while Quentin Bernier rolled not see that there was William Barillot front. I felt worse today than yesterday. I left a lot of juice on the side of the road this morning. I just charged the shot in mid-day. Tomorrow they announce the wind. There may be means to trap with borders, you never know. " Edward Lauber (CC Etupes) 2nd step and leader of the mountains classification "I miss the stage for not much, it's infuriating, only victory counts. Already, I might have had with emphasis Yohan Cauquil (Charvieu Chavagneux IC) in the penultimate GPM to delay the return of Merhawi Kudus (World Cycling Centre). Then, in the last GPM, I managed my effort. I found myself with my teammate Maxime Robert. It had to be two to go. In the last mile, I missed me around the roundabout, I do not know turn. I thought I could double the sprint, but I could not return to live up to its wheel. "

 Yohan Cauquil (Charvieu-Chavagneux IC) 7th step "At 20 kilometers from the finish, I went out with Edward Lauber (CC Etupes). Then Meven Lebreton (CC Villeneuve-Saint-Germain) and Silver Schultz (Probikeshop Saint-Etienne Loire) came back on us. We were picked up at the last GPM. I retried my luck in this final climb ... but Merhawki Kudus (World Cycling Centre) is passed as a plane! I stuck on the end of the coast. It was every man for himself is for everyone. I felt a little better yesterday. " Cedric Gaoua (SCO Dijon) 10th stage and jersey more combative "When the breakaway was formed, I was the only representative of the SCO Dijon. Bernard Julien and Guillaume Barillot came back against, it made ​​me a little surprised. William was in the best position overall in the group. Everyone rode well, the other riders were interested in the stage win. In the last GPM, along with Julien, I waited Guillaume has stalled a bit. We tried to limit the damage

 in the end, it all ends all three. Personally, I feel better. In the first step, I got a little sadly missed. " Jimmy Turgis (CC Nogent-sur-Oise) 22e of the stage and the race leader rushes "I had planned to make the first rush but both riders were in front, so I could not finish as the third. We were then trapped when the band came out. My teammates did a good job behind the breakaway. Unfortunately, I was left behind by the group of Frederick Talpin (VC Caladois) in the last GPM. " Photo Credit: Christian Cosserat - www.directvelo.com

(Software translation)