[dehai-news] “I want to study in Eritrea to become a doctor” Somali refugee In Eritrea Hali Shukri..

From: Aklilu Abraham <adalvoice_at_gmail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 14:25:38 +0100

MASSAWA, Eritrea, - Nothing has deterred Somali refugee Hali Shukri Ibrahim
from her passion to get an education. Not an early forced marriage, nor
war, nor separation from her parents, husband and baby son, nor exile.

In fact, the 26-year-old says becoming a refugee gave her the prized
opportunity to study, and stoked her ambitions. Goals that back home, in
Mogadishu, capital of then war-torn Somalia, would have been limited to
raising a large family, she says.

Now a Grade 12 student at an Eritrean government high school near her home
in Umkulu Refugee Camp, Hali is dreaming big. "I want to study hard, go to
the university and become a doctor," she says. "When I came to Eritrea, I
could hardly speak and write English. Now I am somewhat fluent and can
write it." Click link for more...
http://adalvoice.wordpress.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=10617&action=edit&message=6&postpost=v2

51516357R8rpsKi.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: 51516357R8rpsKi.jpg)