Re: [dehai-news] An Article Dedicated to Dr. Lainesh

From: <hbokure_at_aol.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 06:58:08 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Dawit,

Thank you for sharing with us this remarkable dedication as exemplified by Dr. Lainesh during the bitter war years. As I said in my earlier note, every Eritrean has his or her own story to tell. No wonder, about three thousands books dealing with the Vietnam War have been published so far in the States. Telling ones story honestly may not be looked upon as self-glorification. In the culture of EPLF, there was and still is unspoken language prohibiting self-importance. For "we" is more pronounced than "I" symbolizing camaraderie and common fate under the shadow of sacrificial lamb. But now we are more vindicated as more Tegadelti are encouraged to share their experiences as seen in Hadas Eritrea corner.

Haile Bokure