[dehai-news] Eritrean Nationals in Leeds - UK, commemorate Martyrs Day

From: Yared Tesfay <ytmn2_at_yahoo.co.uk_at_dehai.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 21:52:56 +0100 (BST)

Eritrean Nationals in Leeds - UK, commemorate Martyrs Day Wednesday 19 June 2013 Leeds,  Eritreans came together to participate in the Martyrs Day organized by the Eritrean  Committee.   The program began  with a moment of silence in memory of all those who sacrificed their lives for Eritrea’s liberty and sovereignty.  The program included singing, poetry reading and speeches.  During the opening program, chairman of Eritrean  Committee, delivered a speech of the precious gift our martyr's imparted to all Eritreans,  stated that it was their selfless sacrifice which gave us independent Eritrea, thanks to them, we are still enjoying the freedom that they  brought about; as we gather to remember them, we do so in gratitude.   The  various national songs and songs from the liberation struggle era along side a poems which demonstrated the transfer of our values as a heritage to the new generation raised the emotion of participants.  The Children choir group also presented  national songs from the liberation struggle times. The various activities of the event in general made Martyrs Day an even more memorable day.  The day’s activities ended with the singing of the Eritrean National Anthem. Embassy Media London United Kingdom

007.JPG
(image/jpeg attachment: 007.JPG)