[dehai-news] (Sveriges Radio)Eritrean Association in Bollnäs planting memorial tree

From: Semere Asmelash <semereasmelash_at_ymail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 06:36:18 -0700 (PDT)

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=99&artikel=5568543

Eritrean Association in Bollnäs planting memorial tree

Eritrean Association in Bollnäs planting trees in memory Schenström Park tonight. It is in memory of all who died in the war between Eritrea and Ethiopia. But trees are also a thank you to the Swedish society that received those who fled. It tells Michael Yohannes Mehari, president of the Eritrean Association in Bollnäs.

"We will plant trees to commemorate our martyrs" (built-in radio interview)

Michael Yohannes Mehari think it will 90 people from both Bollnäs and Ovanåker to Schenström Park.

This is the night before the big commemoration of Martyrs Day, so in addition to tree planting, put it also in music and poetry reading.
- It is not the party, but still music to memory, says Michael Yohannes Mehari.
- There will be a quiet celebration.

In constant war

Eritrea is a country constantly been occupied by other states.

1952 was incorporated into Eritrea with Ethiopia and a decade later broke a 30-year war of liberation.

1993 was declared Eritrea as an independent state, but renewed fighting with Ethiopia had already flared up.

Around 85,000 people died in these wars.

June 20 is Martyrs' Day, a public holiday in Eritrea when you light candles, meditate and remember those who died in wars.

- We remember our martyrs who gave us freedom and peace and security in our society in Eritrea, says Michael Yohannes Mehari.

(Software translation)