[dehai-news] Countries with the highest burden of malnutrition: Ethiopia, Kenya, Sudan, Uganda........

From: Yohannes Mebrahtu <mebrahtu_at_msn.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2013 11:50:51 +0200

Maternal and child undernutrition was the subject of a Series of papers in
The Lancet in 2008. Five years after the initial series, we re-evaluate the
problems of maternal and child undernutrition and also examine the growing
problems of overweight and obesity for women and children, and their
consequences in low-income and middle-income countries. Many of these
countries are said to have the double burden of malnutrition: continued
stunting of growth and deficiencies of essential nutrients along with the
emerging issue of obesity. We also assess national progress in nutrition
programmes and international efforts toward previous recommendations.

Read the entire Executive Summary:
 <http://download.thelancet.com/flatcontentassets/pdfs/nutrition-eng.pdf>
http://download.thelancet.com/flatcontentassets/pdfs/nutrition-eng.pdf

34_countries_account_for_90__of_the_global_burden_of_malnutrition.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: 34_countries_account_for_90__of_the_global_burden_of_malnutrition.jpg)