[dehai-news] 28/05/2013 - The Eritrean Natnael Berhane Attacks Heights!

From: bereket fesehaye <bereket_fese_at_yahoo.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 19:48:15 -0400

Thomas Voeckler and Pierre Rolland, the French stars Europcar, return to competition in the Alps at the Criterium du Dauphine, but the Vendée training also aligns one of the revelations of the season: 2nd in the Tour of Turkey The Eritrean Natnael Berhane, 22, openly seeks the white jersey at the end of the eighth and final stage, Risoul, June 9

On April 23, the mountains of Gögübeli over Elmali (which literally means "the city of apples"), the event sounded an echo of historical value: Natnael Berhane became the first black African to win a cataloged out-race category (the level immediately below the World Tour) by the International Cycling Union, namely the queen stage of the Tour of Turkey, where he took second place overall. In his ascent class man, the Eritrean was able to express his power, tinged with a rare elegance, but also his intelligence in the interpretation of the race and the value of its opponents.

"Since I did not run but I'm ready for the Dauphiné" , he pointed out Saturday to the Grand Prix Plumelec where its fluid shape, although online is still made &#8203;&#8203;out, as well as the next day, still in Britain, the loops of Alder, where he was able to restart the race service teammate Bryan Coquard, the prodigy sprint, finally the fifth. "Le Dauphiné will be a discovery for me, says Berhane. I have not played the race up, but also I can not wait as there are mountain and very great riders like Alberto Contador and Chris Froome. "

"I also have the chance to run with champions like Thomas Voeckler and Pierre Rolland, he connects. I do everything to become a runner like them. Europcar is a great team. I previously saw on television and it's very exciting to think that now, people in Africa can see me live on TV also. They saw me win in Turkey. I have received many expressions of sympathy after. "

Berhane said he was inspired by the stage win, a month earlier, the Ethiopian Tsgabu Grmay, the South African team MTN-Qhubeka in a mountain stage of the Tour of Taiwan. "We spent two years together at the World Cycling Centre, first in South Potchefstroem then in Aigle, Switzerland Africa " , said one eager to find the Dauphiné his compatriot Daniel Teklehaimanot, the pioneer, the first black African to be an integrated Pro Team Orica-GreenEdge. But his last race in Europe dates back to the 2012 Vuelta. Since then he has had problems obtaining a visa.

Before the Tour of Turkey, he played in the wake of the Giro del Trentino, Berhane, revealed for Bernaudeau in 2011 by his stage victory before Jerome Pineau, the Tropicale Amissa-Bongo ignored its potential in the mountains. It now has full consciousness, where his dreams in white who will confront other champions become as Andrew Talansky (Garmin-Sharp), the second Paris-Nice, Michal Kwiatkowski (Omega Pharma-Quick Step) 4th of Tirreno-Adriatico and the fifth of the Walloon Arrow and Kenny Elissonde (FDJ), eighth in the Tour of Oman. The future of cycling begins to write in black and white.

http://www.letour.fr/2013/CDD/COURSE/fr/actus.html#zone207685