[dehai-news] [VIDEO DOCUMENTARY] Our Man in Sudan

From: Araia G. Ephrem <agephrem_at_yahoo.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 12:57:28 -0700 (PDT)

Selam Dehai,
Please watch the linked documentary. I am glad, I have a government that is far sighted and people based. Had it not been so, we could have been South Sudan or other states ready for grabs. Please watch this video.

LINK: http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/witness/2013/05/2013528142234495531.html

This film follows former Wall Street banker, Phil Heilberg, who reveals what goes on behind the scenes in the modern-day version of land grabs. Since the collapse of the global financial markets, Western investors have been looking for lucrative opportunities, especially in countries with internal conflict, such as Sudan. With an increasing world population and the high price of raw materials, agricultural land is seen as a safe bet.
But with so much cheap land on offer, foreign speculators are flocking to Africa.
LINK: http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/witness/2013/05/2013528142234495531.html

Araia G. Ephrem