Re: [dehai-news] Marking 30 Years of Support for Eritrea

From: Adiam Berhane <adiam7_at_mac.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 16:32:39 -0400

I have long admired Thomas but I never knew that the amazing Kwame Ture introduced Thomas Mountain to our story. I met him at my university and his alma mater Howard ,shortly before he passed. Kwame's voice was weak but his spirit was very strong. We had no idea how ill he was as his speech and Q&A were both so powerful. I remember being very sad when died not long after, but also being so grateful that I had a chance to hear him speak. I had similar feelings when our beloved Minister of Health Saleh Mekhi passed away a short time after he was here speaking with us . I am not surprised that two such people were friends. I hope to see Thomas in DC in August.

Adiam Berhane
adiam7_at_mac.com