[dehai-news] Marking 30 Years of Support for Eritrea

From: thomas mountain <thomascmountain_at_gmail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 09:12:23 +0200

Marking 30 Years Supporting Eritrea

2013 marks 30 years of my support for the Eritrean people, both during
the armed struggle for national liberation and the subsequent defense
of the Eritrean revolution and building the new Eritrea.

In 1983 I was first introduced to a representative of the EPLF in
Santa Monica, CA by my friend and comrade the late Kwame Ture (aka
Stokely Carmichael) and made my first contribution to the EPLF.

Subsequent to this I was able to arrange for my family to earmark a
portion of our annual contribution to our church the
Unitarian-Universalist Church for the Eritrean Relief Agency which
continued until liberation in 1991.

Today we live in Eritrea and since our relocation here in 2006 we have
proudly enjoyed every Independence day since 2007 with 2013 being
another great celebration.

We will be in Wash DC for the Eritrean Festival on Aug 3-4 and will be
back in Wash DC and available for a program on the Horn of Africa on
Sat. Aug 10. This could be an excellent chance to bring together the
whole Horn community for a Pan-Horn of Africa presentation and
discussion on what is going on in our part of the world by an
independent analyst with 30 years of experience in the region. Please
let me know asap if anyone is interested.

Awet n’hafash

Thomas C. Mountain
Asmara, Eritrea
thomascmountain_at_yahoo_dot_com