[dehai-news] Awelker Salih Yasin passed away after battling several illnesses

From: <azerzghi_at_optonline.net_at_dehai.org>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 16:22:51 -0400

Dear All,

After an unexpected death of his wife back in January of 2011, Awelker's life has not been easy. His left leg was amputated limiting his mobility. With the help of friends he moved to a nursing home. Over the course of the past few years, he has been in and out of the hospital, where he once worked as an employee, several times. Throughout the time of his illness, Awelker relied on a friend by the name Musa Amer Ahmed and other friends in the neighborhood. God bless them.

The morning of May 23rd, Awelker Salih Yasin passed away after battling diabetes, high blood pressure, seizure and other complication for several years.

On the 24th of May 2013 Prayer service was conducted at Masjid Ahlus Sunnah at the Islamic center Of America in East Orange, New Jersey. Same day, funeral service was held at Forest Green Park Cemetery in Morganville, New Jersey.

Shortly after the service, his friends and a relative from Virginia (Mengis Gede) got together at Musa's house in Newark to mourn the loss. As the tradition continues, we started collecting donations to cover funeral and other costs. Your help is needed.

In New Jersey you can directly contact Musa at the address shown below.

Musa Ahmed
239 Littleton Ave
Newark, NJ 07103
Cell Phone: (973) 508-0536

In New York, you can contact Mesfun DJ (Eritrean Community Center) or John Gebretensae, Michael Amine or Berhe Kifle. Donations are also accepted at Massawa Restaurant (Amanuel Tekeste).

If you choose to write a check or MO, please make it payable to Musa Ahmed. For any information, do not hesitate to contact Musa or myself. Don't forget to pass this message to other Eritreans in the tri-state area.

I have known Awelker for a long time. I have always enjoyed chatting with him on any topic, religious, political and social issues. Awelker has a style of story telling that I was always amused by. Even during is illness whether at a hospital bed or at his house, he never lost his composure. Mentally, he was strong. He didn't spend time complaining about his life. He was always grateful to God for that day.

Awelker, you will be missed. May you rest in peace.

God bless you.

Hawkum,
Amanuel Zerzghi
(908) 415-5787