[dehai-news] Ref. : Kind Words Matter By Dr. Tesfay

From: <hbokure_at_aol.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 10:25:37 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Dr. Tesfay,
Thank you for sharing with us this thoughtful note describing the power and beauty of kind words. I remember there was a very lonely student at the college where I went to in D.C. It happened during the summer recess we got a scholarship required for community services at German town located in Philadelphia. We were living in a group home with other American students who came from four corners of the States. During a team session I said to him, " Hi King you are a very private person!" He was overjoyed and clapped his hands and said, " Hi Haile, you are the only person at the college who understands me. Many people don't know me." From that time forth, he became my best friend. He was highly intelligent who earned three degrees within four scholastic years. You see how the word "private" changed this hard-to-be-with fellow. Even in business and class settings some honest and kind words matter indeed. In the book of Proverb we find the famous verse that says in Hebrew 'mawet weHaym byad lashon" meaning life and death are in the tongue. Similarly, we say in Tigrigna " TUm zereba ASmi aganinti ysebr," and roughly translated sweet words soothe a devil. The list goes on ad infinitum.

* Please forward this feedback to the fellows who are in your e-mail list. Thanks.

Haile Bokure