[dehai-news] (National Geographic Italia) A photographic journey and soul: the diary of Eritrean Antonio Politano

From: Semere Asmelash <semereasmelash_at_ymail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 05:17:59 -0700 (PDT)

http://www.nationalgeographic.it/popoli-culture/2013/05/14/foto/eritrea_diario_del_fotografo-1654784/1/ Eritrea, 20 years of independence photographic journey and soul: = the diary of Eritrean Antonio Politano, who told lights and shadows of the = African country on the magazine of May 2013. Eritrea was an old love,= since college. Upon his liberation struggle had dedicated a term paper, = one of my best friends was the People's Liberation Front. I followed his = story, from a distance. Then came the chance to go there, and through it = as much as possible.To try to understand, to stop, to give something back, = on the occasion of the twentieth anniversary of independence. In Asmara, = for example, the capital considered a jewel of modernist architecture, art = deco, neo-classical, Futurist, Rationalist left by the passage Italian, for= mer colonial power. Sometimes, behind the main stage, meet good glance: t= he bold form of the stairwell of a building in the heart of the city, a lad= y in traditional dress going down, the glow from the window.(Photographs fr= om 1--26)=0A=0A http://www.nationalgeographic.it/popoli-culture/2013/05/14/foto/eritrea_diario_del_fotografo-1654784/1/ Received on Tue May 14 2013 - 10:34:22 EDT