[dehai-news] (V.O.E) Mayor of Charlotte, North Carolina , Anthony R. Foxx Proclaims May 24, as "ERITREA INDEPENDENCE DAY" in Charlotte and Commends its Observance by All Citizens.

From: Semere Asmelash <semereasmelash_at_ymail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 04:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Voice-of-Eritrea-DC/272084598166

Mayor of Charlotte, North Carolina , Anthony R. Foxx Proclaims May 24, as "ERITREA INDEPENDENCE DAY" in Charlotte and Commends its Observance by All Citizens.

Congratulations to the Eritrean Community in Charlotte!  Yohanna Hzbi Eritrea! Another Great News on the Eve of Eritrea's 22nd Independence Day! Share!

City of Charlotte, North Carolina
Proclamation

WHEREAS, Eritrea is Africa’s newest and youngest nation located in the Horn of Africa; it is bordered by Sudan in the west, Ethiopia in the south and Djibouti in the southeast; and

WHEREAS, 22 years ago, Eritrea declared its independence after 30 years of armed struggle; the Eritrea Community in Charlotte hopes to increase public awareness of those fallen to liberate the country; and

WHEREAS, every year worldwide, Eritrean communities observe May 24th as Eritrea Independence Day to learn about Eritrean culture and the 30 years of struggle for their independence; and

WHEREAS, this year the Eritrean Civic and Cultural Center at Charlotte is sponsoring the Independence Day event on May 18th at the Korean Presbyterian Church of Charlotte:

NOW, THEREFORE, I, Anthony R. Foxx, Mayor of Charlotte, do hereby proclaim May 24, 2013 as “ERITREA INDEPENDENCE DAY” In Charlotte and commend its observance by all citizens.

WITNESS MY HAND and the official Seal of the City of Charlotte

(Signed)
Anthony R. Foxx
Mayor ______ (Proclamation attached)