[dehai-news] (Egypt S.I.M) Egypt, Eritrea discuss boosting bilateral relations

From: Semere Asmelash <semereasmelash_at_ymail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 07:17:18 -0700 (PDT)

http://www.sis.gov.eg/En/Story.aspx?sid=67650

Tuesday, 16 April 2013
Egypt, Eritrea discuss boosting bilateral relations

President Mohamed Morsi held on Monday 15/4/2013 a meeting with Eritrean Presidential Advisor Yamani Jibrab and Foreign Minister Othman Saleh on means of promoting bilateral ties.

The meeting tackled the file of Nile water along with discussing regional and international issues of mutual concern, said a statement released by the Presidency.

Morsi praised the Eritrean stance that supports the Egyptian historic rights in Nile water.

Morsi said he is looking forward to holding a meeting with Eritrean President Isaias Afewerki as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, Foreign Minister Mohamed Kamel Amr received Eritrean Foreign Minister Osman Saleh and Eritrean Presidential Advisor Yamani Jibrab.

Foreign Ministry Spokesman Amr Roshdi said that Eritrean Foreign Minister Osman Saleh conveyed a message to President Mohamed Morsi from Eritrean President Isaias Afewerki.

Roshdi noted that the two sides took up means of boosting bilateral relations between Egypt and Eritrea as well as coordinating stances toward a host of international issues.

He added that Amr stressed Egypt's keenness on promoting trade with Eritrea.