[dehai-news] Dailymail.co.uk: Ex-drug addict heir to £100m Mountbatten fortune is to marry nurse from Eritrea

From: Berhane Habtemariam <Berhane.Habtemariam_at_gmx.de_at_dehai.org>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 13:36:32 +0200

Ex-drug addict heir to £100m Mountbatten fortune is to marry nurse from
Eritrea

* The honourable Nicholas Knatchbull has proposed to nurse Raz Tedros
* They plan to marry in a 'simple' wedding in August
* Became engaged shortly before Christmas and moved into East London
flat

By
<http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?s=&authornamef=Keith+Gladdis>
Keith Gladdis

PUBLISHED: 22:45 GMT, 12 April 2013 | UPDATED: 00:58 GMT, 13 April 2013

There is little about this casually dressed couple to suggest that you’re in
the presence of aristocracy.

But the shaven-headed man in the hooded top is the honourable Nicholas
Knatchbull, godson of Prince Charles and heir to the £100million Mountbatten
fortune.

And the woman by his side is nurse Raz Tedros – who, as his new fiancee, is
set to become the 9th Baroness Brabourne when he one day inherits the family
title.

Eton-educated Nicholas, who currently has the courtesy title of Lord Romsey,
is a former drug addict who once risked being disinherited because of his
battles with crack cocaine and heroin.

Now, after almost two years free from drugs, the 32-year-old is steadily
rebuilding his relationship with father Lord Brabourne, grandson of Lord
Mountbatten.

He has proposed to Miss Tedros, whose family originate in Eritrea, and is
planning a ‘simple’ wedding in August. The couple became engaged shortly
before Christmas and have moved into a plush flat in a gated building in a
fashionable part of East London.

Miss Tedros, 28, who works at a private hospital in Chelsea, is said to be a
steadying influence on Nicholas who is attempting to start a career as a
digital artist.

Her family are so impressed by Nicholas – who was a mentor to Prince William
at Eton – that he became a godfather to her niece at Easter.

One friend said: ‘Nick is absolutely lovely and everyone is very happy for
them both, they want to do things quickly and are planning a wedding in
August.

‘I don’t think it will be a big affair as Raz likes to keep things very
simple. When Nick told us about his background none of us believed it
because it doesn’t really matter. He is already an important part of Raz’s
family.’

Engaged: The honourable Nicholas Knatchbull, with fiancee Raz Tedros by his
side. The pair plan to marry in August

image001.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: image001.jpg)