[dehai-news] Shabait.com: "I was eager to achieve greatness"

From: Berhane Habtemariam <Berhane.Habtemariam_at_gmx.de_at_dehai.org>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 15:00:45 +0100

<http://www.shabait.com/articles/q-a-a/12687-i-was-eager-to-achieve-greatnes
s> "I was eager to achieve greatness"

Saturday, 07 March 2013 02:22 | Written by Billion Temesghen |
<http://www.shabait.com/articles/q-a-a/12687-i-was-eager-to-achieve-greatnes
s?format=pdf>
<http://www.shabait.com/articles/q-a-a/12687-i-was-eager-to-achieve-greatnes
s?tmpl=component&print=1&layout=default&page=>
<http://www.shabait.com/component/mailto/?tmpl=component&link=aHR0cDovL3d3dy
5zaGFiYWl0LmNvbS9hcnRpY2xlcy9xLWEtYS8xMjY4Ny1pLXdhcy1lYWdlci10by1hY2hpZXZlLW
dyZWF0bmVzcw%3D%3D>

His name is Abdurahman Ibrahim, born in 1978 in Adi Kuala and he had a
impressive intelligence as a student. His hard work paid off and he is
now a very influential person in the trading industry of our country.

Q:-Hi, how are you? Thanks for being here.

I am fine, thanks.

Q:-Shall we start from your studies?

Yeah sure. Honestly I was a good student ever since I was young. And growing
up I was fond of school as I understood the achievements one can get from
studying. After high school I graduated in business management and ever
since 2000 I have been working at the National Ministry of Trading.

Q:-What do you do there?

I travel a lot. In order to tell people of the possibilities of trading that
our country offers. I also work in "the export marketing techniques and
export planning section" of the ministry.

Q:-Can you please tell us about the most exiting business trips you have
had?

Yeah. In 2010 I went to China and we participated in the conference of
Shanghai. There was also an exhibition presented by different countries
representing their perspective life style, tradition and culture. Our
exhibition was the best. honestly. We had a presentation of our life style
as we tried to explain the real meaning behind the philosophy of urban
development in Eritrea. Our motto of the presentation was "better city for a
better life". It was really exiting!

Q:-What else captivated your attention aside this trip?

Well, two years after I also visited South Korea. There was another
exhibition in which Eritrea's proud culture was highlighted beautifully.
What I like the most about these trips though it is the face that I get to
meet a lot of people with whom I can exchange ideas and deepen my knowledge.
And I was amazed by the young people, mostly college students, organization
of China and Korea. They were doing voluntary works of all kinds in order to
help people in the pavilion.

Q:-Did their organization remind you of the Eritrean N.U.E.Y.S.?

Yes. Pretty much but the N.U.E.Y. S. compared to the other national
organizations is less equipped. But the strong spirit of unity it is there.

Q:-You are 35 years old right? It is such a young age to achieve this much.
How does it make you feel?

Blessed.it is true that my responsibility is big compared to my age. That is
why I'm always working hard to improve my skills from day to day.

Q:-Can I ask you something personal?

Please do.

Q:-Tell us something about your family?

I am a happily married man and I have two kids. I got married when I was 27,
most people say I rushed into the whole marriage thing but in reality I am
very happy with my decision and I would do it 10 times over.

Q:-Well it was a real pleasure having you. We wish you and your family all
the best.

Thanks.

image001.png
(image/png attachment: image001.png)