[dehai-news] Public Seminar in Greater Vancouver Concludes Successfully

From: samuel Igbu <ypfdjbc_at_gmail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 14:55:54 -0500

The Seminar was opened in English, Tigrinya and Arabic, beginning with remembrance of our martyrs. The Hall packed with attendance to be a part of this historic seminar given by Sophia Tesfamariam. As Sophia Tesfamariam preferred to refer to the event with a more casual term that reflects the familial atmosphere. Bitsayti Sophia opened by acknowledging the most immediate national holidays including the 23rd anniversary of Fenkil, International Women's day on March 8th and the biggest event of this year 25th Anniversary of Hamed dibe Nadew ( Nadew Az.) Then as a lead - into the topics of the agenda, Human rights and development, she briefed on how our culture and history make for a uniquely patriotic and proud Diaspora. From there, the speech moved into a number of matters including freedom of religion, reduction in cases of transmittable illnesses, the UN, investment, education, political issues and development in general.

The Eritrean community members in Canada in the city of Vancouver and its surrounding area have expressed readiness to back the national development drive. They made the pledge at the public seminar conducted on Sunday March, 03, 2013. During which extensive briefings were given regarding the development and economic growth accomplishments being registered in the Homeland.

 The Eritrean community members expressed resolve at a seminar during which they strongly denounced the psychological warfare formulated by hostile quarters targeting Eritrea. The community members once again stated the development accomplishments being registered in the homeland pursued the national policy of self-reliance, and said that the hostile intention to weaken our development drive is but an unsuccessful attempted, at last a very wealthy Seminar fulfilled with optimistic energy.

*Quote of the Day*

"Niqhat doesn't come from a PHD, it comes from passion."

- Sophia Tesfamariam

(*Audio of seminar will be available in full in the days to come. Stay tuned)*

Thank so much for those who showed up very early, help set-up the sound system, film gear and decorations as well as the donated merchandise and refreshments. The Eritrean Cultural Community Centre of Greater Vancouver as well as YPFDJ - Vancouver, who both had a hand in the organization of the event, would like to show their appreciation to all those who contributed to the event, not only monetarily but also by bringing refreshments, merchandise and of course attending and asking questions. We look forward to many more successful events like this in the future.
--
Sincerely
*YPFDJ British Columbia Chapter*

734444_619072508118760_1732253188_n.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: 734444_619072508118760_1732253188_n.jpg)

313410_619047518121259_224977416_n.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: 313410_619047518121259_224977416_n.jpg)