[dehai-news] Finally, an Eritrean new CD that I can listen without skipping tracks...

From: Haile Abraham <haileab99_at_msn.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 19:36:16 -0500

Hello All,

I am writing this because I consider myself to be an avid Eritrean music fan and also a hardcore supporter of Eritrean music and its development. I am proud to say that I have a copy of very many Eritrean CDs and I buy them unconditionally. To my disappointment, I find many of CDs lacking many traits such as poor vocal, bad musical arrangement or bad lyrics or even bad recording. Sometimes I may find one or two songs in a single CD but the rest of CD is usually rendered useless.

So here comes Isaac Simon, also known 'Mr. Jida - Canada,' a nickname he has inherited from his first and very popular CD in Eritrea. Isaac's new CD is titled 'neta zimineya,' loosely translated to 'the one I long for' and according to the CD cover he plays the Kirar portion in his songs. I must confess now that this CD is one of those CDs that I could not skip a track from start to finish and one rare CD that I did not push my eject after few tracks. Trust me, I was force to do that with many new CDs'

The first time I listened to the CD attentively, I was instantly able to feel the energy and enthusiasm of the singer transcending his great voice to the listening audience, a rare gift. The music behind the singer also appears to be very well composed and arranged beautifully and delivered smoothly to the earlobes. One can also tell that the singer has put up a lot of work and energy on this CD and he must be commended for his great hard work in putting such beautiful track together.

I am not a music critic, but anyone with good listening ears can feel the soul, the energy and the dedicated hard work being put on this CD project. Also, I am not here to advertise or promote this CD because I don't know the singer and haven't met in person before, even though I was told he now resides in the DC area. I am only sharing this information about this CD because I couldn't help expressing the way the tracks captivated me and the way the singer voice resonates beautifully with the listening audience. He certainly appears to be on his way up if continues to perform like this and focus ONLY in his musical talent (emphasis ONLY again!!)

I am predicting this will be a popular CD. So, again, I don't want to sound like I am advertising this CD, but buy the CD form an authorized suppliers or shops. Please do not even think about burning Eritrean CDs because when you do that think about you are burning Eritrean culture and also burning the wallets of the hard working Eritrean musicians and singers Here is one sample song titled, "Neger ZiKri" but turst me the whole CD is off the chain..-) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goujfob2rbU Haile A.