[dehai-news] (Star Africa) Interview Natnael Berhane (Eritrea / Pro Cycling Europcar): "My dream has come true"

From: Semere Asmelash <semereasmelash_at_ymail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 03:38:14 -0800 (PST)

http://fr.starafrica.com/sport/interview-natnael-berhane-erythreecycliste-pro-europcar-mon-reve-est-devenu-realite.html

Interview Natnael Berhane (Eritrea / Pro Cycling Europcar): "My dream has come true"
by: Greg Balssa posted: March 4, 2013 Tips, Sport

StarAfrica.com met a few days ago with the cyclist Eritrean Berhane Natnael. Second African cyclist joined the professional world after his compatriot Daniel Teklehaimanot. He tells us about his debut in Eritrea, professionalism within the Europcar team and its future goals.

Natnael Hello and thank you for agreeing to answer our questions. You have been devoted champion of Africa in 2012, how do you balance the past year?

Thank you to you for inviting me. I was very happy to win the title of champion of Africa was an important goal for me, especially since it was a second consecutive title. It is almost a miracle (laughter)

You started your professional season early in the year, what is the difference between amateur and professional cycling?

Oh you know, there's a big difference between the amateur and the professional world. I learn a lot by being professional rigor particular. It helps me not only to become a great cyclist, but also in my life.

What are your strengths as a cyclist?

I'm a good climber in the sprint so I'm doing a lot if there is a small group of riders. I work hard to improve my mountain and become stronger.

We will go back a few years ago to know you better when you started playing the sport?

I started practicing Mountain bike in 2005 and I won the championship Eritrea Mountain bike. After that I switched to road cycling.

When you start cycling, you want to make your job from the beginning or do you you intended to do something else?

Honestly, when I started I just wanted to practice this sport in Eritrea and participate in local competitions. But gradually as I won victories, I started thinking about a career, and there is a dream come true (laughs).

Your career took a significant turn in integrating cycling World Centre in Aigle (Switzerland) in 2011. How did you come to integrate this center?

Michel Thèze spotted me at the African Championships and offered me to join the Eagle center, which I accepted. This helped me a lot in my progression. After a year, he asked me to come back a second year and I accepted.

And then it is connected, since the Europcar Team invites you to join its workforce. How have they contacted?

It was in 2011, Jean-René Bernaudeau contacted me after seeing me at the turn of Gabon and South Africa. He told me that if I continued to achieve good results I might join his team. I worked hard for that to happen and it finally materialized.

Will you take part in the Tour de France 2013?

Every rider dreams of participating in the Tour de France, me but not this year, it will be in some time I hope that works because it takes more and as I progress. The Tour is a huge event and most prestigious bicycle races, taking part is a huge honor.

What will be your next competition?

I will participate in the Classic Loire Atlantique March 16 and 18 I will take part in the Tour de Normandie.

You return often in Eritrea?

Yes, and I'll be there in May to participate in the national championship Eritrea.

A word of Internet users StarAfrica.com destination

Thank you for your interest StarAfrica granted to African sports is very important because after you receive many messages of support and encouragement. I also thank the users and invite them to follow me on the road soon.

(software translation)