[dehai-news] Eritrean Youth Occupy Dallas Fort Worth!!

From: Fenan Russom <fenan.russom_at_gmail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 12:51:12 -0600

Every great achievement is the victory of a flaming heart. On February 23, 2013, the Eritrean youth residing in Dallas put their blazing heart & passion for their rich culture and country on display at the Second Annual Hade Hizbi Hade Libi 'One People One Heart' Benefit Dinner. HIDRI Dallas alongside YPFDJ Dallas is once again pleased to announce that their second annual benefit dinner was a remarkable success. There is still a buzz from the electrical performances put on by HIDRI Dallas among the Eritrean Community in the Dallas and surrounding areas.

The evening started with a segment called 'A Walk Down Memory Lane' featuring a video presentation of Dallas Eritrean Community's greatest achievements tracing back to the '80s. The video displayed the strength, unity, and organization our role models had to build and maintain in this community we call home. The evening continued with poetry written and read by our dynamic MC Moses Habtezghi, highlighting the importance of unity and celebrating our identity. Dinner and drinks were served which consisted of a delicious traditional meal and Suwa sponsored by local charitable restaurants and businesses- Dallul Restaurant, Hana's Mart, Red Beer & Wine.

The night continued with performances displaying the talents of the younger generation of Eritrean youth in the DFW area. Each performer amazed the guests with performances including symbolic dances, musical entertainment, spoken word, art work, and skits. The performances demonstrated the youth's love for their culture and country. HIDRI's amazing stage presence had the people of Dallas on their toes throughout the night. Everyone cried, laughed, and danced the night away.

Dallas Eritrean Community history and dynasty was reborn on February 23rd, as the youth of Dallas clearly presented their growth, prosperity, and commitment to continue on the Eritrean legacy in Dallas. Through their heartfelt performances, HIDRI Dallas was able to reach its long time goal of reigniting our harmony. The venue was packed to capacity and the guests shared that this was by far one of the greatest and most successful youth organized events put on in not only in Dallas but in in all of the U.S. To hear more reactions from our guests please visit http://radiomekete.com/. (Starting at 40min)

HIDRI & YPFDJ Dallas would like to thank the support of the donors and the Dallas Eritrean Community as a whole, for making the event a marvelous success and making it a night filled with compassion, love and unity. To those who donated online, at the dinner, or by mail have made certain that the programs we have in place, like the Big Brother Big Sister Mentor Program and HIDRI Dallas, will grow to make a difference in more children's lives. The continued support of the community is a true testament to the faith placed in our chapter and an affirmation that we will meet and exceed
many of the goals projected for the upcoming year.

*PLEASE VISIT US AT *

 WWW.HIDRIDALLAS.ORG

* FOR PICTURES AND VIDEOS*

*We will be posting new videos from the event every week so be sure to to

Wetru Awet Nhafash
Zelalemawi ZKri nsewuat !!!

For information on past events and future programs, please visit:
WWW.HIDRIDALLAS.ORG