[dehai-news] Public Seminar in Washington D.C Metro area a Huge Success

From: Er-News <er_news_at_dehai.org_at_dehai.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 19:28:19 -0500

Public Seminar in Washington D.C Metro area a huge success

Washington D.C, February 24th, 2013

At the Sheraton Hotel in Arlington just outside of Washington D.C hundreds of Eritrean community members came to attend a public seminar organized by the Eritrean Embassy. The meeting hall was filled to capacity where the hotel staff hauled more chairs to accommodate the overflow.In attendance were also members of the NUEW- NA who were in Washington for their annual meeting. The seminar was also broadcasted to Eritrean communities in Chicago, IL and Oakland, CA via video streaming.

The Eritrean Charge de' Affairs to the United States Mr. Berhane Gebrehiwot as well as Mr. Salih Abdalla, Consul & Head of Consular Affairs briefed the attendees the most current news and updates on Eritrea's state ofaffairs.

Mr. Berhane spoke extensively, on diplomatic, political, social and economic developments in Eritrea. He said Eritrea is now in much better position than before due to the government's clear vision. The recently offered investment opportunities are examples of where the Government's priorities are. He said Eritrea's future is bright because of the unparalleled commitment of the people and government to ensure long-term political, social and economic viability.

The failed January 21st mission was nothing but a noise by a couple of confused individuals, he said. He also said we have to steadfastly defend & protect our hard earned independence from those bent on derailing us from our vision for a better and bright Eritrea.

Mr. Salih addressed consular matters and the current rules & regulations of the services the embassy offers. He assured the attendees that his office will do its best to provide the public with a quality and timely service.

After an answer and question session, the seminar ended with much zeal and excitement. A resolution by the attendees was read in English and Tigrinya in support of the People and Government of Eritrea.

The seminar concluded with a moment of silence as always and a peaceful seminar once again prevailed.

Zel'alemawi z'Khri n'Sema'etatna!!

Awet N'Hafash!!