[dehai-news] Welcome To Eritrea, Feel No More Homesick!

From: Eritrean Ngermany <eritrean.ngermany_at_googlemail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 02:29:58 +0100

Welcome To Eritrea, Feel No More
Homesick!<http://www.eritrea-chat.com/welcome-to-eritrea-feel-no-more-homesick/>
Living in the abroad, one may not be easily quenched of the thirsty of
being in one’s homeland. But, such feelings of homesickness could of course
be softened through revisiting Eritrea. It is to alleviate the flame of
love that burns them running deep inside, to get rid of the shiver they
feel for being out of their warm home and more importantly to have company
of fellow nationals, that diaspora Eritreans continued to come to Eritrea
during the summer time and during a number of festive occasions just to be
part of the blessings Eritrea has to offer.
It has become a normal happening to see youths, parents, kids and
grandparents and generally people from all walks of life flocking to Sawa
and making tour de Eritrea along nationals inside the country just to
observe development accomplishments that have been registered to date.

Even though the Eri-youth festival is of the youths and for the youths, it
has become an event where everybody could see and learn from youths’ talent
in different disciplines. As usual, in the 5th festival, youths’ from
abroad stage varied artistic shows. The artistry includes music shows,
photograph exhibitions and much more of what they accomplished in
educational carriers.

Like in the 4th youth Festival held in 2010, the EriAm sisters and Njoy did
it again in Sawa. They just rocked the audience with the ever vivid
performances and their voices echoed with undiminished love of nation. The
vibrant activisms of the youths of this country, the sharing of
experiences, the respect of talents and appreciation to work
accomplishments of their fellow youths inside the country, the nostalgic
feeling one could see on their faces, the eagerness to learn their
tradition very apparently seen in their keenness to dance and the very
focused observations they made are indications of their admiration to their
loved country. Being an Eritrean is, for them, a rare and unique endowment
only lucky ones could have.
Mr. Robel Yohannes, an Eritrean from Kenya, pointing out that he had been
to six or seven African countries where the citizens have no clue of what
is happening in their country and where the main streets are usually locked
to give services only for the leaderships, describes the reason form making
visits to Eritrea in simple words saying: “It is just love of a nation and
making visits as much as possible is indeed not a big thing.” He added that
what he sees in Eritrea is a depiction that the noble cause Eritrean
Martyrs have paid for the social justice is being honored for everybody is
keeping one’s promise to live up to their trust.

As regards the 5th Eri-Youth Festival Mr. Robel said that the spirit of
cooperation among nationals and not giving up due to transient problems
prompts any national to make visits to the homeland and to be part of the
youth festival. Speaking of the role of youths, he shared his opinion
saying: youths brought independence and safeguarded its sovereignty, have
been working for its economic growth, and they have now been firmly
standing to make contributions through pursuing educational career. Thus,
he said: “As Eritreans, we shoulder responsibility to assist the families
of the fallen heroes, to exploit Eritrea’s tourism assets and to express
love of our nation.”
One could guess from all the shows staged in different pavilions of Sawa
that the preparations that have been made to vividly hold the youth
festival were very well-organized in all aspects.

“With foresight, we make ample strides forward”—a theme chosen for this 5th
Eri-youth Festival indeed reflects to the commendable contributions youths
of the country have made and the continued efforts to do so in different
development programs.
In this year’s youth festival, a number of youths from America, Europe,
Australia, Middle East, and Africa have participated. Even though there
were parents and relatives who accompanied them in the very refreshing and
very inspiring festival, youths from abroad have also got company of fellow
youths from inside the country. It is this very unforgettable experience
they cherished in their mind that motivates them to come time and again. If
was not for the spiritual satisfaction they gain, they may get what
material possessions they aspire to have in the countries they reside in.
But, noting compares to the very cultural wealth they always find in their
country.

It is not a surprise to see keenness of Eritrean youths in learning the
diversified and yet similar cultural shows staged in Sawa grounds. Some of
the youths just wanted to dance and others get entertained of everything
they observe for is a wealth they could not find elsewhere. Soliana Tareke,
who came from Saudi Arabia to participate in the youth festival for the
first time, said about being part of the youth festival: “We all gathered
up for good reason and I love the journey. Seeing the whole country and the
Sawa festival makes me very exhilarated.” Solina was not able to single out
what really impressed her. “Everything impressed me and I cannot mention
any thing. Meeting Eritreans from all over the world, I just felt good. I
have been waiting for this moment since a very long time,” she said: “I am
looking ahead to come in the next youth festival of 2014 if it is Gods
will.”
Every Eritrean who visits the Youth festival wishes to come again in such
events. And a number of youths’ have been part of the festival for their
5th time ever since the 1st festival held in 2004. Some of the youths from
abroad have been to Eritrea for a number of times but not in Sawa festival.
But, they have realized their wishes of going to Sawa have come true in
this year’s festival. They express their feelings saying that it is lovey,
wonderful and different experience for they do not get used to it. For them
it is a gathering to remember for the years to come.

Welcome-to-Eritrea-Asmara-Airport-2012.png
(image/png attachment: Welcome-to-Eritrea-Asmara-Airport-2012.png)