[dehai-news] (Corriere della Sera) Jojo's campaign, the candidate incandidabile

From: Semere Asmelash <semereasmelash_at_ymail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 07:05:48 -0800 (PST)

http://lacittanuova.milano.corriere.it/2013/02/21/la-campagna-di-jojo-il-candidato-incandidabile/ 21/02/2013 Jojo's campaign, the candidate incandidabile Stefano Pasta "Jojo that?" is the slogan with which Josef Tewelde Yemane has launched a campaign specifically, that of the candidate for mayor of Rome incandidabile. Josef, said Jojo says: "After much talk of 'unpresentable' lists, we decided to focus attention on incandidabili." Every Tuesday at 13.00, leading a program on an online radio (www.radiosonar.net) linked to the social center Sans Papiers: "We talk of the town and social issues that lack representation: in a nutshell, we build our program from the bottom election. " As evidenced by the colorful vernacular, the mayoral candidate is "Roman de Rome", born in St. John 33 years ago by parents Eritreans. But incandidabile: it has Italian citizenship. And yes I love the Capital does not lack: "I just go to Tuscany to feel the nostalgia of Rome! I've never been outside of Italy, the only time I've been in Eritrean territory is when I entered the embassy in Rome ... ". "Indeed - tells the candidate incandidabile - the campaign is a game, but is intended to demonstrate the absurdity of our law." Off the eighteen candles, Jojo has applied for citizenship, clashing with one of the distortions of the rules: citizenship year olds born and raised in Italy is not a right but a concession by the State. Fact that, as in this case, may choose not to grant it: "There was a problem of income, the payslips of my mother were not enough. In addition, during my first 11 months of life, did not have a residence. It would be enough if only one of two reasons and I had them both .... They told me: 'Let go right.' "  Not only foreigner in his own country, but even "illegal" for three years: "For family reasons, I lost my home and I could not renew the residence permit." Today, Jojo can be allowed only thanks to her daughter, 8 years old, born to an Italian mother and then automatically town: "Even though I've never been outside of Italy, I started to queue at the police station and give fingerprints." I ask the "candidate incandidabile" as you'd call and response possible return of oxymorons:  "Stateless Roman, African de Rome, never went to Eritrea Eritrean national." Then he adds: "You're born here, or are you coming from small and 18 years to become foreign. What should we do to show that Italy is our country and we love? Of course I feel Italian, God forbid! I also live in the same citizenship that is denied me: there is a way to be citizens that any person can live day after day in their life context, regardless of their origins. Living citizenship is something deeper that citizens be 'on paper': means make an active contribution to better the society in which you live is to dream of building their future here. When attending events or initiatives like the "mayoral candidate incandidabile" I feel fellow. " -------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Tags: citizenship, elections, Eritrea, politics, second-generation vote (Software translation)