[dehai-news] "One People One Heart" Hade Hizbi Hade Libi Benefit Dinner (Feb 23rd)

From: Fenan Russom <fenan.russom_at_gmail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 22:07:29 -0600

Come one, come all to this years much anticipated Hade Hizbi Hade Libi Benefit dinner! An event catered to celebrating our rich culture through the talent of young Eritreans as well as GREAT FOOD & MUSIC

58 weeks of plotting, planning and preparing later we are GUARANTEEING you a memorable night!

Theme: Traditional (where your best traditional clothing)

When? This coming Saturday FEBRUARY 23RD, 2013

Where? Activity Center, 999 E. Arapho RD Suite 300

Doors open at 7pm!

For more information TEXT us at 469-878-7501
*
WHO:
HIDRI & YPFDJ Dallas
*
*WHAT:*
Benefit Dinner with Spoken word, Musical entertainment & more
*WHEN:*
Sat. Feb 23rd
*WHY:*
To display the talents of young Eritreans and introduce all of our
charitable programs to the community. We have found that the best way to
find yourself, is to lose yourself in the service of others, and we
recognize that our achievements as an organization have been the result of
the combined efforts of each individual in our community.

If you are unable to attend but would like to donate to our programs,
please email or call at the information listed on the flyer.
 [image: Inline image 1]

*
*
*ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT OUR PROGRAMS*

*
*

*HIDRI** *A youth development program for Eritrean youth of Dallas. HIDRI
aims to provide an environment where youth ages 13-17 can come together to
reassert their identity, patriotism, and unity. HIDRI strives to educate
Eritrean youth about their culture and dynamic history of Eritrea most of
all assures the youth grow up to be young successful Eritreans

*Big Brother Big Sister Mentor Program** *A youth mentorship program that
partners young Eritrean adults and professionals with Eritrean youth. The
Eritrean Big Brother Big Sister program links young Eritreans in high
school with collegiate and professional Eritreans in the Dallas area. The
program consists of mentors leading monthly workshops in a classroom
setting, but also has an individual aspect assigning mentors to students to
take an invested interest in mentoring them one-on-one. Another aim of the
BBBS program is to expose the students to new and diverse experiences
through volunteer work in the Dallas community. Through volunteering, the
students gain leadership skills and a sense of responsibility that will
further prepare them for their future professions.

--
"Be the change you want to see in the world.”
                                                   ~ Mahatma Gandhi~

BD1.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: BD1.jpg)

Benefit-Dinner5.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: Benefit-Dinner5.jpg)

BD1.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: 03-BD1.jpg)