[dehai-news] Pepper Spray, Arrests and Criminal Charges for Weyane dogs

From: Bereket Kidane <welela83_at_yahoo.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 08:42:19 -0800 (PST)

Over the past few months, Martin Plaut in particular has been promoting the flash mob tactics of the Weyane dogs. Fed up with the older "opposition" generation's seemingly ineffective ways, divisions, penchant for endless debates and wranglings, Weyane has been turning to the younger generation of sellouts that are under its control and advising them to use flash mob tactics to disrupt Eritrean gatherings in the diaspora. The basic aim of these Weyane dogs is to harass the Eritrean diaspora at rallies, community meetings and cultural events and also vandalize and destroy properties of the Eritrean government wherever they can in order to generate media buzz. It's kind of pointless when you think about it but desperate people do desperate things. They have been roundly rejected by the Eritrean people so what else is left for them to do but act as hooligans and hoodlums? This is their way of generating publicity.

In their flawed line of reasoning, they  think these flash mob tactics will intimidate the Eritrean diaspora and turn them away from the Government of Eritrea. Yeah, I know! Pretty stupid! But we're dealing with desperate people here. They are correct, however, in their estimation that popular support at home and abroad among the disaspora is what keeps Eritrea and its government afloat. They are doing everything they can to try to attack that and create fissures. Well, there is a simply way to deal with these hooligans and their flash mob crimes. All we have to do is stock up on pepper sprays, mace these hooligans up when they try to disrupt our gatherings, make a citizen's arrest and wait for law enforcement to come and book them properly. They will surely end up at the downtown detention center as they did in Washington, DC and Oakland, California with criminal records that will make it difficult for them to find employment.