[dehai-news] Development programs worth more than 25 million Nakfa implemented in Massawa

From: Dimtzi Eritrawian Kab German <eritreanvoice.germany_at_googlemail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 23:27:36 +0100

shabait.com
http://www.shabait.com/news/local-news/12307-development-programs-worth-more-than-25-million-nakfa-implemented-in-massawa
Massawa, 20 January 2013- Development and infrastructural programs worth of
more than 25 million
Nakfa have been implemented in the port city of Massawa in coordination of
the public and local
construction companies, explained Ms. Fana Tesfamariam, Administrator of
Massawa.

She indicated that the developmental programs include construction of
protective

wall along side the sea, reforestation as well as installment of
electricity power lines.

She further noted that with the active participation of the people 7
kilometers of dirt

road has been constructed in the Massawa main island, Tiwalet, Kutmia, and
Idaga,

the Martyrs Cemetery has been renovated, and initiative is being taken to
renovate

ancient buildings in the city.

The administrator explaining that two water wells and around 7 kilometers
water lines

worth around 6.5 million Nakfa have been constructed to alleviate potable
water shortage

in the city, stated that more effort should be exerted to permanently solve
the problem.

She also indicated that training has been provided to administrators and
employees in

administration aimed at rendering timely and effective services.

Ms. Fana specified that finalizing the construction of houses in Imkulu,
installation

of electricity power lines and renovation of Hospital Girar are among the
main programs for 2013.

more information to the Port of Massawa - Madote.com

http://www.madote.com/2010/08/photos-of-new-massawa-housing.html

The port city of Massawa, famed as the "Pearl of the Red Sea", is Eritrea's
third largest city
 and one with of important historical significance. Massawa is a city
that's divided into three
separate areas. Those areas consist of the mainland, Taulud island and
Massawa island.
The mainland is known locally as Edaga and is historically the latest
addition into the city's
ever-so expanding perimeters. Taulud island, which is known locally as
Twalet, is the cities
administrative area that became of prominence upon the arrival of the
Egyptians and the subsequent
 Italians that followed in the late 19th century AD. Massawa island is the
oldest part of the city and
 is known locally as Batsi. All three areas of Massawa are linked by a
causeway that intersects through
the connecting island of Taulud. During the revolutionary war of Eritrean
independence, Massawa
was heavily bombed by the Soviets, Cubans and Ethiopians, leaving much of
the city in ruins.
 Upon winning Eritrean independence, Massawa has seen a steady
process rehabilitation projects.
 In this article, we'll take a look at some of those
new development projects that have been completed and
take a sneak-peak at the ones that are in store for this ancient city.

Photo below is of the newly renovated Dahlak hotel

<http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_6izHM7-NzcQ/THpVD6jYYBI/AAAAAAAAA94/bSVWBQXJdl8/s1600/Massawa+development.jpg>

Close up of the newly renovated Dahlak Hotel

<http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6izHM7-NzcQ/THpVISfLbBI/AAAAAAAAA98/6whK7hDLdGA/s1600/Massawa+development+2+-+Dahlak+hotel.jpg>

Photo below is of the Massawa housing complex found in the mainland
 part of the city

<http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_6izHM7-NzcQ/THpVzYBzV1I/AAAAAAAAA-c/ROflFWhMZek/s1600/massawa+development+9.jpg>

<http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_6izHM7-NzcQ/TTQ-hhBpKzI/AAAAAAAABPw/2i1Xl-sMd3g/s1600/massawa+development+15.jpg>

<http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6izHM7-NzcQ/TTQ-zIBopEI/AAAAAAAABP0/6OS-2b9MsIs/s1600/massawa+development+16.jpg>

More images of these modern apartment complexes built in 2000.
In addition to building 26 residential buildings, these complexes come
equiped with 8 office buildings, an elementary school, a buisness center,
a basketball court, tennis court, a children's playground and a football
ground.

<http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_6izHM7-NzcQ/THpfOCqLSzI/AAAAAAAAA_I/IaSfGIkQIug/s1600/massawa+housing.jpg>

<http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_6izHM7-NzcQ/THpVdls_Q4I/AAAAAAAAA-M/gZbQGxg1c44/s1600/massawa+development+6.jpg>

<http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_6izHM7-NzcQ/THpVgvfu3KI/AAAAAAAAA-Q/rtk7f-scVtA/s1600/massawa+development+7.jpg>

<http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_6izHM7-NzcQ/THpVVPh62NI/AAAAAAAAA-I/OGjv9Ku0GLU/s1600/Massawa+development+5.jpg>

Photo below is part of the Massawa housing complex
<http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6izHM7-NzcQ/THpWDshNQUI/AAAAAAAAA-s/crmojokgHmA/s1600/massawa+development+13.jpg>

Newly constructed paved roads with sidewalks and vegetation
.
<http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6izHM7-NzcQ/THpVMkOdgXI/AAAAAAAAA-A/d0jGvk5ET0M/s1600/Massawa+development+3+-+Roads.jpg>

<http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_6izHM7-NzcQ/THpVQPq27sI/AAAAAAAAA-E/UOfQpEcAN1I/s1600/massawa+development+4+roads.jpg>

Photo below is of the Northern Red Sea Region Office

<http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_6izHM7-NzcQ/THpVifCQdJI/AAAAAAAAA-U/njTdouO55Vw/s1600/massawa+development+8.jpg>

Photo below is of the Municipality of Massawa

<http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6izHM7-NzcQ/THpV2sKaHNI/AAAAAAAAA-g/l33FvjvxgMA/s1600/massawa+development+10.jpg>

Small Twin tower buildings of Massawa

<http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_6izHM7-NzcQ/THpWM-WixoI/AAAAAAAAA-0/HO1RI-l0AVM/s1600/massawa+construction.jpg>

A more recent image of the twin towers. As you can see, all the older
buildings and hotels around it have been renovated.
<http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_6izHM7-NzcQ/THpWEkglRnI/AAAAAAAAA-w/8W-xPFKUJTo/s1600/massawa+development+14.JPG>

The newly built power plant below is located in Hirgigo (Massawa's suburb)

<http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_6izHM7-NzcQ/THpWCxv2PfI/AAAAAAAAA-o/Dmg3lfm5Mw0/s1600/Massawa+development+12+-+power+plant.jpg>

Photo below is of a new "master plan" to renovate all the damaged buildings
in Massawa's historic island of Batsi (Massawa island). The contract to
restore
 it was given to a Qatari construction team known as EDESSA group.
To read more about this master plan development for the Massawa island part
of the city,
visit this link <http://www.edessagroup.com/pdf/MASTER%20PLAN/Eritrea.pdf>.

<http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_6izHM7-NzcQ/THpcXzfUHjI/AAAAAAAAA-4/GLIPf8MEOfE/s1600/massawa+master+plan+construction.jpg>

Photo below is of renovation plan of the Italian built bank known as Banca
d'italia.
This building was heavily damaged during Eritrea's war for independence.
 To visit the source of this image below, visit
here<http://www.edessagroup.com/pdf/ENGINEERING%20DESIGN/Eritrea4.pdf>
.

<http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_6izHM7-NzcQ/THpc7BbmAtI/AAAAAAAAA-8/kRBTFQASKu4/s1600/massawa+banca+building+upgrade.jpg>

Photo below is a detailed design and renovation of the Red Sea Hotel.
 To visit the source of this image below, visit
here<http://www.edessagroup.com/pdf/ENGINEERING%20DESIGN/Eritrea3.pdf>
.

<http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6izHM7-NzcQ/THpdvh4sMMI/AAAAAAAAA_A/jFmi15qXezA/s1600/massawa+red+sea+hotel+upgrade.jpg>

Although not in Massawa, the Dahlak resort is another construction
being conducted on the main island of the Dahlak Kebir. To visit the
source of this image below, then visit
here<http://www.edessagroup.com/pdf/CONSTRUCTION%20MANAGEMENT/Eritrea.pdf>
.
<http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_6izHM7-NzcQ/THpeKOkX2sI/AAAAAAAAA_E/4v_BoiluTQE/s1600/Dahlak+construction.jpg>

jan-20-news-massawa.PNG
(image/png attachment: jan-20-news-massawa.PNG)