[dehai-news] (NASDAQ) - Nevsun Comments on Human Rights at Eritrean Mine

From: Er-News <er_news_at_dehai.org_at_dehai.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 18:10:41 -0500

Nevsun Resources Ltd. (NSU.TO) has provided a comment on its approach
to human rights at the Bisha Mine in Eritrea, in which Nevsun has a
60% ownership position.

"Nevsun is committed to responsible operations and practices at the
Bisha Mine, based on international standards of safety, governance
and human rights," said Cliff Davis, President and CEO. "Our 60%-
owned subsidiary Bisha Share Mining Company directly employs nearly
1,000 Eritreans at the Bisha Mine and provides a safe and supportive
working environment. Bisha had zero lost time accidents in all of 2012."

Nevsun provided the comment because it anticipates that both the
company and a Bisha Mine subcontractor will be mentioned in a
forthcoming report by a non-governmental human rights organization.
Nevsun said it strives to ensure that the company's presence has a
positive social and economic impact.

NSU shares were down 11 cents at $4.42.

The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of
the author and do not necessarily reflect those of The NASDAQ OMX
Group, Inc.