[dehai-news] (Op-online.de) Medicines for Eritrea

From: Semere Asmelash <semereasmelash_at_ymail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 02:20:49 -0800 (PST)

http://www.op-online.de/nachrichten/heusenstamm/medikamente-eritrea-2693127.html
Medicines for Eritrea
Heusenstamm - Cleaned up, it looks in the storage room on the grounds of the former telecom Philipp-Reis-Str. Where a few hours earlier, many pre-packed boxes are stacked, is now back open space available. Claudia Bechthold

The Heusenstammer Kolpinger pack join forces with supplies for the container Eritrea. Eagerly Heusenstammer Kolpinger and friends yesterday morning balanced and stacked. After about three hours and the last available spot was on the 39th Containers filled with relief goods for Eritrea.

For more than 18 years, the Kolping family sent under the aegis of Heinz difference herring several times a year. Per a container of relief supplies in a Capuchin monastery in the interior of the East African country This time we have chosen a smaller container, explains Heinz difference herring. The reason: the Capuchin sisters had recently reported with an urgent plea for medicines for the hospital in Enghela.

Because first they had again planned for a large container. After a call to our local newspaper, many of our readers were involved with small, but also some with a large donation to the cost of transporting a container.

But the cry of the Capuchin sisters came to speak in between. "We could buy medicine for around 4000 euros in action medeor" says Heinz difference herring that never gets tired. In his commitment to the sisters and their projects in Eritrea And so it does not take too long before a container can be sent, this time a minor is selected.

This does, however, despite the medicines are still a lot of room for other supplies. So yesterday including 30 sewing machines and 25 packages containing substances and Sewing been packed into the container. The Capuchin Sisters operated through five training centers for women. "This is quite the meaning of the Kolping idea of ​​helping people help themselves," says Herring difference.

For the hospital, a washing machine is intended, which took office yesterday in the container a long journey. In addition, 40 wheelchairs and walking frames of the party. Thought also for the hospital are 200 patchwork quilts for babies. These women have once again of the "working group" aid to Eritrea "made in Lämmerspiel. Soap, medical supplies and kitchen supplies complement the range of aid.

And finally, there was also packages with candles and religious matters. The need for the Capuchin churches and chapels. The nursery will be pleased with a lot of packages with toys.

Pack the container so that as much fit, and as little air is left is a small masterpiece of logistics, which the men of Heusenstammer Kolpingsfamilie have mastered quite well. Thus, the bulky wheelchairs come in at the end of the metal container. And since this is so easy not to be stacked, unceremoniously tinkered two narrow boards some sort of intermediate floor on which may be a second "location" Wheelchairs are packed.

End of March, then announces arbitration Heinz Hering, the Kolping family will again accept donations. These will be then, as planned, sent in April and May in containers.

{Software Translation from German}