[dehai-news] Innercitypress.com: As Susan Rice Says Sudan Blocks Sanctions Com'te Members, It's 1, Schbley

From: Berhane Habtemariam <Berhane.Habtemariam_at_gmx.de_at_dehai.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 22:12:20 +0100

As Susan Rice Says Sudan Blocks Sanctions Com'te MemberS, It's 1, Schbley

By Matthew Russell Lee

UNITED NATIONS, January 9, 2013 -- After the UN Security Council's closed door session Tuesday about Sudan and South Sudan, US Ambassador Susan Rice came to the stakeout, concluding that "we had a discussion subsequent to the one I've described about the Council's concern about the government of Khartoum's repeated blocking even of members of the Panel of Experts."
  Inner City Press has previously covered this blocking <http://www.innercitypress.com/sudan3sanctions121312.html> -- it is of one of the experts, Ghassan Schbley of the United States, who Sudan has blocked.
Sudan says that while on the Sanctions group for Somalia and Eritrea, Schbley acted against Sudan's interests and is now "blacklisted."
  But many Council members wondered why Sudan then granted Schbley a visa, only to not let him in. What kind of blacklist is this?
  Then again, there must be other experts. Even Congo somehow struggles on, even with Steve Hege off that Group of Experts. When Morocco's Permanent Representative Loulichki was president of the Council, he "demarched" Sudan, apparently without effect.

  Now, the chair of the Sudan Sanctions Committee has passed from Colombia, which left the Council on January 1, to new member Argentina. Might they suggest finding another expert? Watch this site.