[DEHAI] FW: Jandayi looser

From: Berhane Habtemariam (Berhane.Habtemariam@gmx.de)
Date: Wed Sep 09 2009 - 05:59:20 EDT

Jandayi looser

Written by Metkel Asmerom

Tuesday, 08 September 2009

http://alenalki.com/index.php?option=com_content
<http://alenalki.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5923&Itemid=1
> &task=view&id=5923&Itemid=1

 I read with awe, the ridiculous comments made by the ex. U.S. assistant
secretary of state for African affairs Ms. Jendayi Frazer on Aug. 25, 2009.
We Africans know that she really was a nuisance and a failed diplomat who
made more harm than benefit to the political situation in Africa. In fact,
the blunders Ms. Frazer and her colleagues under the previous administration
of George W. Bush, made in Africa in general, and in East Africa in
particular, were more harmful to U.S. interests in Africa. The fact that the
Meles Zenawi's lies were her reliable sources of up to date information to
make serious decisions, looked awkwardly silly for a super power
representative. That is why Africans are now more suspicious than ever to
realistically expect some decent decisions about their continent from the
U.S. And unless some drastic changes of policy are made by the new
administration under President Barack Obama and his Secretary of State Mrs.
Hillary R. Clinton, Africa is going to be their paradise lost forever. But
we do hope that, the opportunities lost, could be regained, if they make
tangible policy changes that can substitute the negative impression that
people already have in their minds about the U.S.A. We expect them to follow
a policy of non interference and sincere cooperation for peace and
development.

 It is terribly sad that Ms. Frazer came up with what is called the donkey's
attitude of-"let no grass grow after me!" She tried to advise and convince
Mrs. Clinton by predicting that- "the one way to help Africa was to put
Eritrea on the list of state sponsors of terrorism." What a shame! What a
desperate attempt by a bad looser who refuses to accept her failure! The
whole wide world knows that she had failed miserably. Ms. Frazer even went
to the extent of trying to mislead the new secretary of state, to jump into
the same mess that she had already created by consulting with and depending
on the lies of Ethiopia's Meles Zenawi, as if his words were sacrosanct. By
so doing, she is still trying to pour more fuel into the flames of war and
destruction in order to make Africa an everlasting stage of war.

  Africans know that, the one and only one way of bringing peace to Africa
is, letting them solve their own problems. It was the reckless interference
of the previous U.S. administration in the internal affairs of African
countries, that had worsened situations in Africa. As assistant secretary of
state for African affairs, Ms. Frazer is still responsible for all the
death, destruction and displacement in East Africa in general and in Somalia
in particular.

 I recently read a news item posted by Ken Dilanian on 16th aug. 2009. Ken
quoted a report by an inspector general in a team of diplomats who
interviewed Bureau of African Affairs employees and claimed:"The State
Department's Africa operations are beset with leadership short- comings that
compound acute staffing problems."

 Then I said to myself, Good Heavens! So, the state department already knows
that, Ms. Frazer was one of those who had serious shortcomings to be a
diplomat. But the previous secretary of state Condoleezza Rice was so
negligent about Africa's problems, that she appointed her as her highest
representative in Africa. It is difficult to be convinced that the U.S. had
shortcomings of experienced and efficient diplomats, if they were serious
about Africa. That's why the results obviously became a total disaster.
Ms. Frazer did create a lot of terrible blunders which gave rise to more
wars and destruction. She and some of her colleagues have done more harm
than good to the U.S. Africa relations, and that is why Africans have lost
confidence in U.S. policy. Even today, as long as the U.S. attitude towards
dealing with Africa remains the same, as she tried to advise them, things
will become worse and that would definitely contribute to the beginning of
the end of the once successful U.S. Africa relations.

 But Africans in general and Eritreans in particular, have a strong
confidence on Obama's administration with Clinton as the secretary of state
that they will never listen to her vicious advices. We expect them instead,
to take into consideration comments the experienced and former U.S.
Ambassador to the U.N. John Bolton made. He said:

 " For reasons I never understood, Frazer reversed course, and asked in
early February to reopen the 2002 (Eritrea-Ethiopia Boundary Commission)
decision, which she had concluded was wrong, and award a major piece of
disputed territory to Ethiopia. I was at a loss how to explain that to the
Security Council, so I didn't."

   We also expect them to listen to Steve Blomberg: who in his article:
"Ethiopia's own Darfur" as villagers flee government-backed violence (in
Bossasso)!" commented:

"While Khartoum's counter insurgency in Darfur has been described by the
U.S. as 'Genocide' and by the U.N. as 'crimes against humanity',
international condemnation of Ethiopia has, so far, been limited. Indeed,
the U.S. has given its backing to Ethiopia. America's top official on
African affairs, assistant secretary of state Ms. Frazer, visited one town
in the Ogaden last month. On her return to Ethiopia's capital, Addis Ababa,
she criticized the rebels and said the reports of military abuses were
merely allegations. (Opposing HRW and Red Cross report) ".

  Ms. Jendayi Frazer should know that, accepting one's shortcomings is a
sign of wisdom and strength. Being a BAD looser however, is a sign of
weakness and incompetence!

  Metkel Asmerom Stockholm, Sweden.