[DEHAI] Racist or hypocritical attitude, take your pick

From: Biniam Tekle (biniamt@dehai.org)
Date: Wed Aug 19 2009 - 12:52:51 EDT

If I say “A White American can take himself out of America and implant
himself in Africa and call it home but is incapable of taking racism and
bigotry out of himself” I would of course be grossly generalizing, that is
despite the hint of truth to the statement. Criticizing one for making
perceived or real fallacious statements is one thing but to paint a whole
race with one brush with statements like “Black Americans are just that,
americans that are black. It is not an exageration to describe them as a
crushed and broken people, with the prisons full of their sons, those that
are not commiting crimes against the worlds peoples as members of the
military, all of their institutions except their churches destroyed and
their communities rife with crime and drugs” is so wrong if not utterly
racist.

Those of us Eritreans who call the US our home, despite the boundaries we
face by the virtue of our skin color, we continue to enjoy the opportunities
this country accorded us only as a result of the tremendous sacrifice made
by Black Americans. So to hear a Whiteman living amidst my own people, black
people, and calling the black people that I live and work with "crushed and
broken people" makes me outraged, if not for the hypocritical attitude for
the gross generalization of the statement.

A couple of weeks ago the pro-Woyane extremist website the Aiga Forum called
the Obama government the “nigger Administration”, a backward racist comment
that solicited an uproar of protestations including from African-Americans.
The above statement made by our esteemed Dehaier, I am sure, will be viewed
by many as fitting the all too familiar racism-laced views.

Biniam