[DEHAI] Basketball tournament at the DC Festival 2009

From: Haile Abraham (haileab99@msn.com)
Date: Sun Aug 16 2009 - 11:57:25 EDT

Selam all,

As we all know, one of the events in the ENHOCC program list this year is the sports activity, especailly youth sports. This year, the youth basketball tournament attracted many teams as well as many baskeball fans. In addition to basketball, soccer tournament, track and field as well as golf tournament were on the program list.

Even though the number of sports activities in the festival seem to be growing every year, the participation and involvement of community leaders and also parents will be very determinant factor if we want these sports activities to serve as a vital bridge to link the Eritrean-American youths to their heritage and motherland roots.

For example, unlike in the past, this year the absence of the girls basketball team is something both the basketball organizers and the Festival oganizing committee need to think about and continue to find ways to involve more Eritrean women to participate in the Festival sports.

Please check some of the YouTube clips: http://www.youtube.com/HaileAb

Haile A.

http://windowslive.com/Campaign/SocialNetworking?ocid=PID23285::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:SI_SB_facebook:082009