[DEHAI] Signs of failure of Eritrea's Economy Re: Miss Eritrea 2009 (By Amanuel Kehasse)

From: Savi Alazar (savialazar@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jul 12 2009 - 16:35:20 EDT

Selam Dehai/Ben/Aman

Miss Eritrea 2009 or any pageant contest shows failure of internal
governmental administration. It shows that no one is doing the real thinking
to boost the internal economy by creating jobs. Or at least maintain what we
had previously before they shut down the construction and other small
businesses. The inflation extremely high, people do not have jobs, no future
to hold on to, for how long do we think young people will depend on our
small money to pay their bills? Thus we see tragic events such as Miss
Eritrea, what is the benefit of this project? Who is benefiting from it? Who
created it? Definitely the country is not benefiting from this project
except to let escape the candidates to foreign countries?

This is our issue and we need to address it the right way. I understand that
there could be a resistance but we need to communicate regardless. We are
not proposing a Coup d’état.

This is not only about devaluation women but it is a sign that our country
is economically not rightly managed. It needs a real soul searching and hard
work. I believe the only way out is for Issays to swiftly diversify his team
with younger, bolder, educated, bright, optimistic team who look forward to
change their future. That is the biggest challenge to Issays because on top
of the foreign politics pressure but the current decision makers in his team
are not performing toward achieving job creation. Only few of his team
members are effective managers, one can tell by their performance. However,
the those bad decision makers such as the Ministry of Industry and Commerce
who approve and deny license are only motivated through sentiment and
insecurities are dragging the country to its peril--- they need to be
replaced by savvy professionals with entrepreneurial skills who knows how to
communicate and protect the country’s economy growth. The internal
management of Eritrea at any time soon if it did not show any progress worse
to come yet because the teens moral is down because they do not see any
future and it is easy for them to be a target of any misbehaved attitude,
addicted to alcohol and tobacco, etc. Those bad decision makers need to find
a way to give their severance and let them go because they are not thinking
right for the benefit of the country future and economy growth. They hang up
on their ego and insecurities.

It is not only the Miss Eritrea 2009 but the entire management slacks
totally in moving forward, the economy is terrible while the small
businesses can handle the local jobs those bad decision makers blocked
construction, importing goods, sky rocket the tax and tariffs on importing
goods. The only business in Eritrea that allowed thriving are Restaurants,
Bars, Night Clubs--- where the old dudes pass their time drinking and
womanizing. Most Eritrean girls are drop outs who wait for someone from
abroad to marry them or maybe someday they will flee the country like
others. So, the circumstances are not motivating and they do not have
alternatives after they finish school. Lost of promising engineers, doctors,
entrepreneurs, professionals stopped from flooding the country just because
of the internal rules and regulations imposed by those bad decision makers.
Those bad decision makers are dragging the country to the pitfall and they
are putting the county into vulnerable situation just to give reason for
opposition or any adversaries to bad mouth about Eritrea economy growth.

After the Independence Day speech that is additional Issays leadership
commitment list is to cleverly swap those bad decision makers before it is
too late. Issays can make Wayane and their supports cry to death if he
successfully thrive internal economy just by speeding up short term economic
goals while holding onto the long term infrastructure building goals. We are
just 5 million who can do better than that as we can learn from others
nations’ mistake. We will be judged on how fast we are learners to use this
down time to our benefit.

Savi

By Amanuel Kehasse
[yoamanuel1@gmail.com<yoamanuel1@gmail.com?Subject=Re:%20[DEHAI]%20Re:%20[dehai-news]%20Miss%20Eritrea%202009%20(By%20Amanuel%20Kehasse)&In-Reply-To=%3C3F3FA96E98DD408AAC7A1EF76F7BF410@your5eae84cbcb%3E>]

Biniam, I share your feeling.

What surprised me the most is our immigration office policy (or the
government for that matter). It is much easier for these beauty pageants
get the permit to leave the country (Exit Visa) for the same purpose
that you and I deem is contrary to the value of our women, while it is
almost impossible to get one for those who intend to pursue their higher
education abroad.

I wish to hear your point of view on this.

You have my permit to post it on Dehai.

Thanks

Aman