[DEHAI] Please Stop Offering Me Money

From: Savi Alazar (savialazar@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jul 12 2009 - 14:07:36 EDT

Selam Dehai I brought this article from Geoffrey James because it has
similarities toward how the Eritrea leadership principles are persistent in
terms of corporate and governmental pay offs in exchange for their political
and economic dominance. I really like the way Geoffrey puts it even though
it has to do with sales and business it applies as well to our current
environment. The deal is does someone short sell for money or be persistence
with his/her principle for a greater life by controlling his/her financial
destiny? Savi Please Stop Offering Me Money

By Geoffrey James <http://blogs.bnet.com/bio.php?id=james>
April 27th, 2009 @ 11:30 am

http://blogs.bnet.com/salesmachine/?p=302

  * *

    * *

Companies keep offering me money if I’ll promote their company in this
blog. That really annoys me, because this blog isn’t paid content. I’m
keeping it clean of outside influence, not just because it’s in my contract,
but I figure that there’s more than enough content on the web that’s got a
hidden agenda. I’m writing what I truly believe… not what some PR bozo is
paying me to say.

I’m not some “sales expert” flogging a book or a series of seminars. I’m
not promoting my own “stuff” and I’m sure as hell not going to promote
yours. In any case, as a journalist, I’m obligated to follow a code of
ethics, specifically:

· Avoid conflicts of interest, real or perceived.

· Remain free of associations and activities that may compromise
integrity or damage credibility.

· Refuse gifts, favors, fees, free travel and special treatment.

· Disclose unavoidable conflicts.

· Be vigilant and courageous about holding those with power
accountable.

· Deny favored treatment to advertisers and special interests.

So please stop insulting me by offering me money to promote your stuff. I
won’t do it. Ever.

The whole point of this blog is that I’m here to TELL YOU THE TRUTH — even
if it means sticking one in the eye of companies who might otherwise want
hire me. And don’t kid yourself, I’ve burnt some *major* bridges with this
puppy.

By the way, today I’m at the conference of the Society of American Business
Editors and Writers (SABEW) where Sales Machine and BNET are both winning
“Best In Business” (BIB) awards. Since the organization is mostly newspaper
types, I’m likely to be one of the only “online” guys around.