Re: [DEHAI] Re: Eri-TV's Hollywood Content

From: aklilu w (akliluw@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jul 06 2009 - 17:10:31 EDT

Hello Biniam and dehai

Very good point you brought-up
.
Apart from all and most of the good programs with TV-ERI,  I find particularly the grinding and sexual movement dancing  --to be blunt--- distasteful  from cultural and traditional context. It is bothersome watching it performed by our own Eritrean youth.  Due to successive colonial oppression , our Cultural and traditional foundation has been seriously challenged—we have a lot of catch-up to do as it is. Therefore, while the ERI-TV crew is by any standard doing a great job enhancing the program quality and cohesiveness, needless to say, some serious editing improvement is a head of them.
As far as satellite dish goes, my personal observation while I was there is, every thing considered, UNFAVORABLE. I say this considering some of the inappropriate channels that can be accessed by tweaking the dish around.

aklilu w