Re: [DEHAI] Re: Eri-TV's Hollywood Content (By Mike in Asmara)

From: Biniam Haile \(SWE\) (eritrea.lave@comhem.se)
Date: Sun Jul 05 2009 - 02:46:30 EDT

By Maico Maico [maico1213@yahoo.com]

Selam Biniam,

Sorry for writing you in your private mail. I just don't have an access
to Dehai. If I may share about the subject matter that you have raised
in regards to Eri-TV, I do share your concern. I went to the TV station
in Asmara and addressed it with the officials but their response was
that Eri-Tv, comparing to all neighboring countries, does a much better
job in airing programs that are of more national. That might be true,
but some of the things that I see on Eri-Tv, to put it lightly, MAKES ME
SICK, MAKES ME WANNA SCREAM, MAKES ME WANNA EVEN SMASH MY TV. I am not
exaggerating!!!!

As a responsible and concerned citizen, we need to continue to nag
Minister of Information, Ali Abdu until he does something about it, if
not we should ask for his resignation.

Mike

P.S, You can share this with dehai community by posting it in Dehai.
Thank you again for bring up the subject

From: Biniam Haile \(SWE\) (eritrea.lave@comhem.se)
Date: Fri Jul 03 2009 - 10:11:24 EDT

Selam Sammy G!

Thanks for your enlightening comments.You see, I've received 15 e-mails
regarding Eri-TV. I must say that I'm quite surprised that all of them
agree with me - this is quite unique actually.

Obviously something is wrong and I think the GOE should act before it is

too late. The impact that TV can have on a culture should not be
underestimated. Let's face it, selflessness, honesty and a lack of
aggressive materialism have long been the bedrock of Eritrean culture.
These values could blow away like dust before the onslaught of Western
TV programming being broadcast into Eritrean cities and villages.

Basically I think that those who cannot comprehend that our culture and
values form the bedrock of our existence should not be allowed to work
for Eri-TV. The stakes are too high for the us to turn a blind eye to
the destruction of Eritrean cultures by the onslaught of Western
culture.